• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Lynx3000
Junior Boarder

Do you fear death?

#107928 2 years, 3 months ago
You have no idea.

It still keeps me up at night. How do you sleep knowing you will someday die? I REALLY do want to know your thoughts on the subject.

PS. WHere the fuck is Neverstop and Capt. Tony? They are needed on deck, toot sweet!
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Lynx3000.
volare
Senior Boarder

Re: Do you fear death?

#107939 2 years, 3 months ago
i fear not making the most of my life much more than i fear death.
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lynx3000
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#107940 2 years, 3 months ago
Fear of Death probably the last fear to leave a body. Unraveling the others first. Whatever frees you up. Usually it involves facing the fear face-on, meditating, praying for guidance/ protection . . . lots of gratitude always for this beautiful LIFE.
And; No.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Iriecycle. Reason: Didn't simply answer the yes/ no.
dept.
Junior Boarder
Church of the Imagination Divine

#107941 2 years, 3 months ago
No.
Life and death are all part of the same trip.
I look at death as the ultimate adventure in life.
voyage into the unknown and all that...

IF anything i would be afraid that death would be too much like life
i.e. dealing with jerks trying to rip you off, waiting in long lines, lots of paper work, boring culture, too many rules, etc.
I would hope that the after life ( death) would be much more interesting than real life.
... and if there is no after life ( nothingness) then who cares ? no loss there...

as far as sleeping knowing you will die someday - i think dreaming is as close to a "death dimension" as you can get naturally. I have died many times in my dreams yet always woke up the next morning. i have tried to kill myself in my dreams and it always turns into a surreal comedy. Both my parents have killed me in my dreams, and all thou that was disturbing, in some way i know that those kind of dreams help us work through issues and fears we have with life.
life is too short to be wasted on fears. especially fear of the unavoidable.
iLove,
---Dept.
Lynx3000
Junior Boarder

#107942 2 years, 3 months ago
Thank you. many good responses so far. Thank you so much.

I guess, to split hairs here my fellow sailors, it is not so much death that I fear.... as most accounts of death I've heard have been quite pleasurable.... it is the fear of non-existence.... that the next 13.5 billion years might pass like the 13.5 billion years that preceded my birth... with absolutely no memory or participation on my part.

For example, just today I was holding my newborn thinking about the long life she has ahead of her, and simultaneously about how in relatively short order she too will be dead in the ground. It is the curse of the complex and sentient mind we possess. Keep your thoughts coming........
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Lynx3000.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
Chester
More or less in line

#107946 2 years, 3 months ago
Hi Lynx.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Lynx3000
Junior Boarder

#107949 2 years, 3 months ago
Hey Chester. Nice to be back!
volare
Senior Boarder

#107951 2 years, 3 months ago
Iriecycle wrote:
lots of gratitude always for this beautiful LIFE.

that is it exactly. I make the assumption (although, I have a tiny glimmer of hope that my assumption may be incorrect) that I will not exist at all, after my 80-100 years on this planet are through. And compared to the billions of years the universe has been and will be around, that amount of time is infinitesimally small. Therefore, every second has to be savored and recognized as beautiful.
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
Chester
More or less in line

#107953 2 years, 3 months ago
I don't fear death, but I do accept it. It's an unfortunate, and inescapable reality. Laws of entropy and all.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#107956 2 years, 3 months ago
I don't fear death, but I don't like the idea of it , I've had close calls in my past that I can't believe I'm still alive. I believe there is an afterlife, you after all gotta faith right? I hope to run into all the people who have left me throughout the years, there's some I think I might have to sucker punch once I get there.
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds