• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Cats, Dogs, Babies, Kids

#107875 2 years, 3 months ago
23atwell--first, i think i saw you this weekend, in line, outside, and in the venue. a couple times i felt as if we made some eye contact where you may have thought you knew who i could have been. mine was all based on pictures you've posted on here, so take it for what it's worth.

i need to know. the 2nd day of the NYE sometime in the early afternoon i was walking in the park area across the street from the BGCA, and some lot rats were restraining dogs that kept wanting to fight and shit like that. i turned around to see an argument turn into a small physical altercation where i could have sworn i saw you defending the dog and push the dude. i could be totally wrong but, was it you?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
katie mae
Junior Boarder

#107889 2 years, 3 months ago
I feel sorry for the dogs that get dragged around to shows. It's no place for a dog, that's all I'm gonna say.

As for kids, I'm not a fan, but I do realize there are responsible ways to bring a child to a show and I appreciate the parents that do that. What really gets me is the parents with really small kids and no headphones on the kids. I saw at least 4 on NYE and the tots were really small. I think it should be mandatory that children below a certain age should have to wear headphones to protect their hearing and if they don't, out you go. Dragging a child to a show is one thing, damaging their hearing for life is messed up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, Bakes, volare
Lynx3000
Junior Boarder

#107921 2 years, 3 months ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#107922 2 years, 3 months ago
wlewis wrote:
23atwell--first, i think i saw you this weekend, in line, outside, and in the venue. a couple times i felt as if we made some eye contact where you may have thought you knew who i could have been. mine was all based on pictures you've posted on here, so take it for what it's worth.

i need to know. the 2nd day of the NYE sometime in the early afternoon i was walking in the park area across the street from the BGCA, and some lot rats were restraining dogs that kept wanting to fight and shit like that. i turned around to see an argument turn into a small physical altercation where i could have sworn i saw you defending the dog and push the dude. i could be totally wrong but, was it you?

Holy shit you saw that! What happen is I was petting a dog and I was totally liked the dog. So I asked if I could take pic of the dog. Dude said if you give me ten bucks. Thought he was kidding so went ti take a pic and he swated my camera away. Then accidentally hit my girl cousin in the stomach. So yes I through him down. Left kinda quick cause of security but I was pissed. Saw that guy the next night and asked him if he remembered meand he said no. I told him what happened and he said sorry I don't know what got into me. I think I made eye contact with you Lewis. Next time I would like to buy you beer or something.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#107934 2 years, 3 months ago
We used to call one another, kids. Even Cats. Baby's a little derogatory. And I love my Dogs. Met one at Red Rocks "Straw," his babe shared a blanket w/ our three under a Fir at the top of the stairs. Granted, my two elder came down front for the Second Set opener and few successive.

Too old, too young, wrong species, too poor, too angry . . . too impersonal, too impatient . . . too irresponsible, too unfortunate . . . too much said?

pokin' holes is too easy.

I find the aggressive dog thing a problem, was post Touch of Grey days. We need more Old School Heads present in the Furthur scene, and the youth need to better respect their elders. I'm sure glad I haven't seen any nitrous mafia in the Furthur lots. I sure have seen more sloppy drunk/ heavily drugged rudness than in the day. Fortunatly my children saw none that stuck as they love to share their experience w/ me. For that I am most Grateful. All I can ask is that they develop good decision making, are truly educated, and careful of others and themselves.

I like the can't judge another man till you've walked a mile in his shoes. Or better: "You don't point out the splinter in your Brother's eye until you've removed the beam from your own." As in remove the whole of an issue from your life until you are sure of your Inity w/ peace, then you can help your brother w/ the issue.

I can't imagine a cat digging a show, or a leash. For some of the Dogs; if the owners had a home, the dogs might be there. Just saying, No Time to Hate, and a Bad Dog needs love too.

peace
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#107977 2 years, 3 months ago
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#108417 2 years, 3 months ago
I thought these shows were all about family and love for all ages. Sure, get the little ones ear plugs, take them to a less crowded spot, don't have them up all night running around on shakedown, but definitely bring 'em to the shows! If you can be responsible parents, I am all for having the kids there. Makes me happy to see the younger generations enjoying many of the things that I find are some of the best in life.

For instance, I never hid things from my children, such as drugs and whatever, nor have I ever lied to them. As soon as they witness something, and are curious, I like to discuss it with them and let them know how I feel, good and bad. I have found this instills a trust in them, where they are comfortable talking with me about it. I always get compliments on how amazing my children are, how well behaved, how smart, how they can have real conversations with adults, etc.

Many kids I have seen are the type to be around another kid, who may try to mention something about weed, and another wants to brag and says something like, yeah my daddy has that or does that. Or they try drugs with friends, and have no information about them, because Mom or Dad would kill them if they found out. But with my kids, we have no problems discussing drugs , sex, etc, and I am the first one they would come to, if/when they decided to experiment. This has made the communication between my children and I so incredible, that I don't have to worry about my kids telling people that dad smokes weed (only a concern in non-med states) because they understand about it, nor do I worry about them sneaking off with friends to do drugs, because they'd bring it up with me first. Only my oldest is even interested, and we share good quality, safe things. If some friend would come up to him (although he is older and out of school now), and ask if he wanted to try some drug, he comes to talk to me about it, and doesn't just listen to people who have no clue what they are getting into.

My two school age children also understand about drugs and sex, and since I never hid anything, nor lied to them about either, they don't show much interest. They are more concerned with the book, movie, or video game they want, than any type of drug or sex, although being teenagers, they are beginning to show interest in the opposite sex. They are open with me when they want to go see their friends, and there is no sneaking around cause my daughter wants to see her boyfriend.

My kids have been to shows since they were young kids, even babies. I didn't take them on full time tour much, except for a few shows in a row, here and there, but more to weekend festivals, where we can have the space, take turns watching them (as parents), and spend a lot more daytime with them, enjoying various acts, vending booths, food, and friends. We have had countless hours of some of the best family time, and as I said, I have some of the most mature children out of any that I know. All my friends who are parents ask me how I did it, and I think it's simply by sharing who you are, how you feel, and being open and honest with them, fully. My kids are some of my best friends, and they always listen to what dad says. Doesn't get much better than that! Teach the children well, lead by example! If more parents did this, there would be a lot less of these punks and assholes of the younger generation in the crowds that many of the older people here like to complain about.

My two cents..
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by GratefulDad420. Reason: spelling error
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf, Iriecycle
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#108469 2 years, 3 months ago
sounds like you've perfected being a grate dad and have a wonderful family surrounding you now! nice job!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GratefulDad420
DL1943
Junior Boarder

#108573 2 years, 3 months ago
children aside, i dont understand how people get all these animals into venues...dogs likely are service animals and can get in, i saw a few inside on nye, tho many dogs didnt look like service animals and were handled by people that didnt appear to need one...but i dont know, cant judge...

but ive seen cats and chickens inside shows before, and a few dogs im sure were not service dogs...how do you get a cat into an indoor show? i saw a chicken at furthur fest!!! how do you get away with carrying a live chicken into the concert bowl?
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#108577 2 years, 3 months ago
Did anyone else see that Bad Ass with the Huskey pup inside the Madison show. He seriously didn't think he was doing anything wrong. They didn't catch up with him till well into the first set.

She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds