• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Blown away by some of these classic gd clips

#107688 2 years, 9 months ago
like opening a time capsule. Especially the video in the first two clips (2nd is a bit "odd"). Heavy on the pig here

All these videos were uploaded by one youtube user: Lately it occurs to me..."LongStrangeTrip710's". All descriptions of the videos are his / hers too.

WALSTIB

A chaotic film made by Robert Nelson in 1968 featuring the Grateful Dead. The songs that are included are Sitting on Top of the World, Good Morning Little Schoolgirl, Cold Rain and Snow, and something that might be Viola Lee Blues. It can be found on a DVD titled The Grateful Dead Through the Years.

Grateful Dead - Cardboard Cowboy (Scorpio Studio Sessions June, 1966)

Cardboard Cowboy by the Grateful Dead. Recorded sometime during June 1966. Credit for the "kaleidoscope firework" visuals goes entirely to Ivan Bridgewater

Big Bad Woman by Mother McCree's Uptown Jug Champions recorded at the Top of the Tangent Coffee House in Palo Alto sometime duing July of 1964.

Memphis by Mother McCree's Uptown Jug Champions recorded at the Top of the Tangent Coffee House in Palo Alto sometime duing July of 1964.

The video was made by Sets in Order, a magazine devoted to square dancing, to reach new audiences. I just liked it and thought it was sorta trippy (well, at any rate, it made me a little dizzy...) The original video had a narrator, but I silenced him. If you really dig square dancing though, I guess you could watch the entire thing at archive.org.

Have a Grateful Day!

It Hurts Me Too by the Grateful Dead performed on April 17, 1972 in Copenhagen, Denmark. This clip can be found on a DVD called The Grateful Dead Through the Years.

Can't Come Down by the Grateful Dead. Recorded on November 3, 1965 at Golden Gate Studios.

Information about the video: (Written by the person who uploaded all these videos: Longstrangetrip710)I edited it some, but the original is from Archive.org. This was the description there... "Hippie Marbling: An art form rooted in the 1960's and a look at one of its eccentric pioneers. Read article with stills here: noendpress.com/caleb/marbling/" and "5 minute video of Cove creating large format marbled fabrics in Berkeley, CA during the early 1970s using the roof of a VW bus." If you like, you can watch the original here: www.archive.org/details/Calebjc-HippieMarbling1970...

The Grateful Dead play a sweet jam that turns into Ship Of Fools. Recorded on June 23, 1974 in Miami, FL. (I added this because I LOVE that picture of the Wall of Sound. - S_F)

Borneo by Mother McCree's Uptown Jug Champions recorded at the Top of the Tangent Coffee House in Palo Alto sometime duing July of 1964. <DIGGIN THE KAZOO - SCAR1ET_F1RE)
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by scar1et_f1re.
The following user(s) said Thank You: will work for doses
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

Re: Blown away by some of these classic gd clips

#107704 2 years, 9 months ago
A chaotic film? Looks like a typical show whenever I go see 'em.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#107714 2 years, 9 months ago
from CBS news. Story is anti drug but footage is gr8 - there are 2 versions below. First is mostly music. 2nd clip has music plus interviews.

(just the musical part)
(the entire video with interviews and music)

Really good clips .. opens with a nice phil interview (about 30 sec or so). Oh Canada!

More Canadian performances (looks sort of like from feastival express??)

A Super Jam - Santana, Grateful Dead & Jefferson Airplane. A furious jam session from "A Night at the Family Dog" (February, 1970).

FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: will work for doses
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#107727 2 years, 9 months ago
Hard to Handle and Don't Ease Me In are definitely from the Festival Express.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds