• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

Re: Terrapin Crossroads

#108014 2 years, 9 months ago
Phil, it looks like you and all involved have thought this out very well, and had good fortune to find a cool spot by the water, no less. Congratulations on your hard work coming to fruition.
Love the site. Buckle up indeed!
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#108043 2 years, 9 months ago
Phil, this looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing you play in such an intimate setting. Question--Do you know who painted the "Buckle Up Kids" skull? It's always interesting how one action leads to another and I'm sure that artist never dreamed that he or she was tagging the future home of Terrapin Crossroads!! Just goes to show that God has a plan and reveals it to us at the riight time and place, much better than we could ever figure out for ourselves!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluetrainsugaree
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#108055 2 years, 9 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
for whatever reasons someone thought landing sounded too depressingly permanant and finale, crossroads donst promise so much. how the fuk they goin keep this from becoming a permant destination for wayward rainbows ill never kinow, living in mendo, and havin lived in a few other hot spots out west let me just say we dont need any more homeless hippies. if you dont have the dough ra mi, please, go to gary in. they give away free beer and pot there too every travel kid, you just have to ask a black guy to spare a nug. lol fuckn jesus what i w2ould pay to watch that.

Illuminaughty, jgb played at the palm when I offered you that miracle not to long ago. Nice little place.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: illuminaughty
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#108057 2 years, 9 months ago
Phil this looks amazing!! I'm so happy that your dream is becomeong a reality. This is another reason I need to move back to the Bay Area. Can't wait to see u in Broomfield this year.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#108135 2 years, 9 months ago
i'm very psyched and can't wait for the announcement of the March dates!
deadahead
Junior Boarder
Music & Politics Don't Mix

#108143 2 years, 9 months ago
There are some great details and nice photos up on this thread at the Terrapin Landing site: http://www.terrapinlanding.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24
"The Grateful Dead," Jerry Garcia explained, "don't really take positions; we're musicians, not politicians."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wundurland
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#117570 2 years, 8 months ago
www.courierpostonline.com/usatoday/article/52804496

"In the mid-'60s, bands would show up at each other's gigs and cross-fertilize," says Lesh. "We can have that again.

"I'll be at Bobby's club and he can come to mine. Our new places are just two sides of the same coin."
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#117575 2 years, 8 months ago
Gotta love that.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#120768 2 years, 8 months ago
Good article with a few new details from Phil Lesh:

www.aspentimes.com/article/20120210/AE/1...p;ParentProfile=1058

On Feb. 23, Lesh will open a venue called Terrapin Crossroads in San Rafael, Calif., the town where the Grateful Dead had its longtime headquarters, Club Front. The venue, in a space formerly occupied by a seafood restaurant, will be home base for three of Lesh's groups: the Ramble Band, featuring Lesh's sons, Graeme and Brian, and Jackie Greene, and which is modeled after the Midnight Ramble house concerts thrown by Levon Helm, former drummer of The Band, in upstate New York; the Terrapin Allstars, which includes musicians from the San Francisco area; and Phil & Friends, for which Lesh has big plans.

“I'm hoping to bring in everybody I've ever played with. And more,” the 71-year-old said from his new office at Terrapin Crossroads. Lesh said he plans to sit in to play some casual, after-dinner music on Feb. 23, with a bigger bash set for March 17.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, ecojaded, Strider1
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#121356 2 years, 8 months ago
twitter.com/TerrapinXRoads

TerrapinXroads Terrapin Crossroads
Lots of exciting things will be happening soon at TX! Be sure to check the website, FaceBook & Twitter on Monday for the latest. - Phil xo
16 hours ago
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Gordon the Drummer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva, 23atwell
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#121574 2 years, 8 months ago
terrapincrossroads.net/music_events/febr...f-phil-lesh-friends/

February 14 Free Webcast of Phil Lesh & Friends
Jackie Greene * Jeff Chimenti * John Scofield * Joe Russo * Warren Haynes
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, Strider1
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#121579 2 years, 8 months ago
Sweet!

do we need to sign up somewhere or be a member of something?
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds