• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Terrapin Crossroads

#107733 2 years, 6 months ago
phil, thank you so much!! this is incredible. i'm glad you could overcome the fairfax BS and find a place you can call home. what better than san rafael. just reading the history about the area and the grateful dead says enough. i look forward to making the trek out there. what i love even more is that it's not just a place for music. you are truly embracing culture. everything you list sounds great. i'd really like to be able to get the full experience.

first shows in march! george thinks maybe a birthday show???

looks like i'm going to be using that $400 united/continental voucher i snagged on my way out to SF very quickly
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by wlewis.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#107750 2 years, 6 months ago
Thank you so much phil! This is exciting. It's close enough to home to. I wish it was a little closer cause it has a link for job opportunities. Buckle up!
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#107779 2 years, 6 months ago
Congrats Phil and thank you for crossroads and all. 2012 will be a year of dreams realized. I hope to see you there soon.
Boy this is turning out to be a great year.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#107780 2 years, 6 months ago
wow Phil this is amazing, thank you so much for this project and especially for droping by to personally announce it to us. I heard the one in Fairfax would take a couple years to build so this is a huge suprise to hear about this so soon, not only an announcement but with shows just a couple months away. We could never thank you enough for what you're doing.

I may live several thousand miles away here in CT on the east coast but it looks like I'm going to becoming less and less of a stranger out west very soon. I can't make march but its now in the top of my agenda to do everything I can to make it out there this summer before it closes down for a bit to renovate. My only hope is that there is some sort of a having to show your ID thing so that scalpers cant get in on any of this....

thanks for everything you've done your whole life for us and still continue to do today!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#107782 2 years, 6 months ago
Hey MushroomMan, how exactly do ticket announcements/sales for the Rambles work? Not that Phil will necessarily do it the same way, but I was curious. They are both tiny venues, I believe.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by SunshineSue.
Stormcrow
Junior Boarder

#107786 2 years, 6 months ago
Dear Mr. Kilowatt

Glad to hear the plans for your own personal venue finally seem to be working out!

I know you're no spring chicken anymore, but I sure hope you don't give up touring and playing other places, too!

You have a lot of longtime Deadicated supporters and lovers of your music all around the world that will never be able to travel to Marin to experience the music live.

I'm sure there will be webcasts and recordings, but as you well know, it's just not the same.

Thanks and Love Ya!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#107788 2 years, 6 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Hey MushroomMan, how exactly do ticket announcements/sales for the Rambles work? Not that Phil will necessarily do it the same way, but I was curious. They are both tiny venues, I believe.

Levon's Rambles make announcements randomly and they send you an e-mail if your on the list. A lot of them (like the one with Bobby) go on sale instantly when they are announced, some say on sale at a later date.

When you buy tickets for the Ramble you are put on a guest list, you don't ever get a ticket. When you get there your name is on the list (hopefully - see below) and they give you a wrist band which is either for seating or standing room only. Both are the same price ($150) but the seating obviously sells quickest...

----now remember to always print your confirmation e-mail and bring it with you if you go to a Ramble. The very kind soul that miracled me the spot for Bobby at The Ramble didn't bring hers, although on the ride up she said something like "I probably should of printed and brought it just incase".... as we pull in to the ramble on the driveway they have a guy checking name, which her name wasn't even on. But some people wern't on his list so he said "don't worry there were some problems with my list" and sent us up front (where they check your name again and give you the wrist band) but guess what? her name wasn't on that list either. So at this point im doubting I'm even getting in. One of the guys in charge was asking how she paid and everything and says "a lot of times people think they got the ticket but they dont complete the last part" and she said how she was charged. So he goes inside with her info and comes back out with our 2 wrist bands (thank god) and he said "your name is on 1 list but not the other"...... so as we were in line waiting for doors to open he comes up to her asking if she used paypal and she wasn't quite sure and said maybe and then the guy starts blaming it on paypal. They are all awesome people that run the Ramble but they had to be at fault for that somehow, it's not just paypal it would be how they worked with paypal...

but anyway I'm just so grateful that I ever made it to that show, it was such an amazing time..... and BTW for those that don't know, TRI studios has whats knopwn as the "meyer constilation sound system" (and it says Terrapin Crossroads will be using Meyer sound) so this place of Phil's is going to be a very amazing thing
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by MushroomMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Tmglf2, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue
DL1943
Junior Boarder

#107791 2 years, 6 months ago
i would hope multiple people can get in under the same name/ID if the ID holder/ticket buyer is with the other people getting in...none of my friends are very good at getting tickets right away, hope im able to buy two or three or four at a time for my lazier buddies...
Chester
More or less in line

#107793 2 years, 6 months ago
We could have a Furthur board get together there! Maybe next NYE! Thanks Phil.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadontherivet
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#107794 2 years, 6 months ago
I didn't see a email list to put your name on crossroads to get updates. Did anybody else
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#107795 2 years, 6 months ago
23atwell wrote:
I didn't see a email list to put your name on crossroads to get updates. Did anybody else

Not that I could see. Hopefully, they'll add it soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#107799 2 years, 6 months ago
DL1943 wrote:
i would hope multiple people can get in under the same name/ID if the ID holder/ticket buyer is with the other people getting in...none of my friends are very good at getting tickets right away, hope im able to buy two or three or four at a time for my lazier buddies...

that's exacly how Levons Ramble works, I forgot if there is a limit on tickets but you can get at least 4 and everyone has to enter with the person's name who is on the list.

to 23atwell --- if your post about the email list was reefering to what I said, I was talking about Levon Helm's Ramble, sorry if I confused you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds