• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
PartPat
Senior Boarder

Re: Terrapin Crossroads

#107686 2 years, 6 months ago
Again looks amazing and have every intention of checking it out though I have to ask , What if any affect on furthur summer tour this might have???
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#107689 2 years, 6 months ago
PartPat wrote:
Again looks amazing and have every intention of checking it out though I have to ask , What if any affect on furthur summer tour this might have???

I was thinking the same thing....

But happy for Phil as he has been working toward this and did say he wanted to play with his son. And this is a much better location than Fairfax -- the Old Palm Ballroom and it is pretty close to where Carlos Santana lives.

Any speculation on the first performances there?
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by amusingdeva.
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#107690 2 years, 6 months ago
lets just hope furthur doesnt get moved to the back burner
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, SunshineSue, amusingdeva
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#107691 2 years, 6 months ago
In case any of you are not aware, the person (or at least the user name) who posted this is Phil.
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, FurthurFlower67, bluetrainsugaree, Tucson John
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#107694 2 years, 6 months ago
We are all Happy for this News ,Congrats !!!!

as far as speculation on Tour schedule, if you announce it ; we will come.

Don't let that speculation for shadow this announcment.

This is a grate day for all of us !!!!!! History in the making.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#107696 2 years, 6 months ago
The project was supposed to originally be in Fairfax, but due to some complaints from locals, Phil decided to look elsewhere. They were going to possibly use a church in Fairfax, but some of the church goers didn't like the idea, possibly due to parking issues. Glad he found this spot! We were just visiting the city yesterday and I liked it a lot. I can't wait to check it out!! Thanks a bunch Phil!!
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#107700 2 years, 6 months ago
Wow! All my favorite stuff: Phil family and friends, Big Band, Jazz, Salsa and Latin, art music food good people San Rafael waterfront! Let the good times roll! We're there, in aces!
derek92
Junior Boarder

#107701 2 years, 6 months ago
I've been waiting for this....as an excuse to got out west
PHIL!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#107705 2 years, 6 months ago
Congratulations!! I'm so glad you found a home for this incredible venture, Phil!! You and the Crossroads will be a wonderful addition to the local community (one that deserves you!) and to the larger GD Family as well. I can't wait to head west to check out a show!!

Thanks for the news, and most definitely for stopping by here today. Don't be a stranger!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#107709 2 years, 6 months ago
Just got an image in my head of Grateful Dead karaoke night...
Drazzaz
Junior Boarder

#107716 2 years, 6 months ago
Awesome!
"Sometimes a great Notion"
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#107719 2 years, 6 months ago
This just sounds amazing, I'm getting so excited!!
From the website:

As one would expect from any concert venue built by a member of the Grateful Dead, the Grate Room at Terrapin Crossroads will feature state-of-the-art sound, provided by none other than Meyer Sound. This new sound system will be installed and ready to go, along with a cosmetic facelift, in time for the first performances, scheduled for March 2012.

The Grate Room will present live music of all types, from Phil Lesh & Friends shows with world-class guest artists to “Rambles” (modeled on Levon Helm’s legendary Midnight Rambles) with the Lesh Family Ramble Band, and “Terrapin All-Stars” featuring a rotating cast of fantastic local talent. We will host Big-Band dance nights, Jazz with wine tasting (hey, we are just south of Sonoma and Napa…), Latin or Salsa nights, “Telstar” free form jam nights, Sunday morning brunch featuring sacred music from around the world, and much more.

In the grand tradition of the Bay Area’s best ballrooms, the Grate Room will add a spectacular dimension to the Bay Area’s live music scene. Be sure to check the TC calendar often, as we plan to announce shows frequently with a very busy schedule throughout the Spring and Summer of 2012. In the Fall of 2012, we’ll be closing down the Grate Room for a major renovation, with a grand re-opening targeted for March, 2013, when we’ll be ready to provide San Rafael with top quality music for years to come.
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds