• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

Re: Terrapin Crossroads

#107903 2 years, 10 months ago
When I bought a t-shirt, I had an opportunity to join the mailing list.
Minor note of no significance: I noticed that end user kilowatt was a junior boarder. Makes nycdave feel that his boarder status is in good company!
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#107912 2 years, 10 months ago
Marin Independent Journal article on purchase with quotes from Phil

www.marinij.com/rosskentfieldgreenbrae/c...6?source=most_viewed

He said the Grate Room will be a venue for him to "reactivate the various lineups that I've put together over the past 10 years."

He plans a "revolving door" schedule of acts with Phil Lesh & Friends and other notables; a Family Ramble Band with his two sons, Grahame and Brian; a Terrapin All Stars featuring local musicians; a big band night with dancing; and an experimental night with electronica and improvisational groups.

"It's for all the things I've always wanted to do and couldn't do in a touring context," said Lesh, 71, who still plans to tour with Furthur, the band he formed with Dead bandmate Bob Weir. "But one of the reasons we're doing this is to stay off the road a little more."

Play around with this and you get a pretty good view. Click on "Bird's Eye View" at top. You can zoom and rotate to get a good angle.

www.bing.com/maps/Default.aspx?encType=1...=en-us&FORM=LLDP
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva, Iriecycle, Wundurland
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#107917 2 years, 10 months ago
kilowatt wrote:

Hey Reddy K.

Looks like you found direction where it's been waiting to meet you.

Wish you success, happiness, and a vintage yacht to deliver you and Jill there in style.

I came back because I have a question.

It was going to be called Terrapin Landing, right? Why Terrapin Crossroads, instead?
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#107950 2 years, 10 months ago
for whatever reasons someone thought landing sounded too depressingly permanant and finale, crossroads donst promise so much. how the fuk they goin keep this from becoming a permant destination for wayward rainbows ill never kinow, living in mendo, and havin lived in a few other hot spots out west let me just say we dont need any more homeless hippies. if you dont have the dough ra mi, please, go to gary in. they give away free beer and pot there too every travel kid, you just have to ask a black guy to spare a nug. lol fuckn jesus what i w2ould pay to watch that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terrapin Sedation
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#107993 2 years, 10 months ago
^^^ more like SCARY, IN
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#107995 2 years, 10 months ago
Phil said that terrapin landing sounded like a "last stop" where as crossroads is more of a new chapter for him.
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terrapin Sedation
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#108000 2 years, 10 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
Marin Independent Journal article on purchase with quotes from Phil

www.marinij.com/rosskentfieldgreenbrae/c...6?source=most_viewed

He said the Grate Room will be a venue for him to "reactivate the various lineups that I've put together over the past 10 years."

He plans a "revolving door" schedule of acts with Phil Lesh & Friends and other notables; a Family Ramble Band with his two sons, Grahame and Brian; a Terrapin All Stars featuring local musicians; a big band night with dancing; and an experimental night with electronica and improvisational groups.

"It's for all the things I've always wanted to do and couldn't do in a touring context," said Lesh, 71, who still plans to tour with Furthur, the band he formed with Dead bandmate Bob Weir. "But one of the reasons we're doing this is to stay off the road a little more."

Play around with this and you get a pretty good view. Click on "Bird's Eye View" at top. You can zoom and rotate to get a good angle.

www.bing.com/maps/Default.aspx?encType=1...=en-us&FORM=LLDP

Well we all new this was eventually coming. At least he is giving us a place to go see more amazing music and something that will hopefully be a lasti g important piece of the music and the legacy.
And hopefully we will still get some bigger furthur shows like red rocks , new years and such. Seems sensible. Excited to see where 2012 takes everyone.
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#108010 2 years, 10 months ago
Dear Phil and Family,

I love your choice.

We had many good times at the Palm Ballroom with the DNB.

Looking forward to many more treasured musical times there with you and family.

Love,
Paige, Jasper, (and little Jerome) MoonDancer
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#108014 2 years, 10 months ago
Phil, it looks like you and all involved have thought this out very well, and had good fortune to find a cool spot by the water, no less. Congratulations on your hard work coming to fruition.
Love the site. Buckle up indeed!
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#108043 2 years, 10 months ago
Phil, this looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing you play in such an intimate setting. Question--Do you know who painted the "Buckle Up Kids" skull? It's always interesting how one action leads to another and I'm sure that artist never dreamed that he or she was tagging the future home of Terrapin Crossroads!! Just goes to show that God has a plan and reveals it to us at the riight time and place, much better than we could ever figure out for ourselves!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluetrainsugaree
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds