• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Terrapin Crossroads

#107705 2 years, 6 months ago
Congratulations!! I'm so glad you found a home for this incredible venture, Phil!! You and the Crossroads will be a wonderful addition to the local community (one that deserves you!) and to the larger GD Family as well. I can't wait to head west to check out a show!!

Thanks for the news, and most definitely for stopping by here today. Don't be a stranger!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#107709 2 years, 6 months ago
Just got an image in my head of Grateful Dead karaoke night...
Drazzaz
Junior Boarder

#107716 2 years, 6 months ago
Awesome!
"Sometimes a great Notion"
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#107719 2 years, 6 months ago
This just sounds amazing, I'm getting so excited!!
From the website:

As one would expect from any concert venue built by a member of the Grateful Dead, the Grate Room at Terrapin Crossroads will feature state-of-the-art sound, provided by none other than Meyer Sound. This new sound system will be installed and ready to go, along with a cosmetic facelift, in time for the first performances, scheduled for March 2012.

The Grate Room will present live music of all types, from Phil Lesh & Friends shows with world-class guest artists to “Rambles” (modeled on Levon Helm’s legendary Midnight Rambles) with the Lesh Family Ramble Band, and “Terrapin All-Stars” featuring a rotating cast of fantastic local talent. We will host Big-Band dance nights, Jazz with wine tasting (hey, we are just south of Sonoma and Napa…), Latin or Salsa nights, “Telstar” free form jam nights, Sunday morning brunch featuring sacred music from around the world, and much more.

In the grand tradition of the Bay Area’s best ballrooms, the Grate Room will add a spectacular dimension to the Bay Area’s live music scene. Be sure to check the TC calendar often, as we plan to announce shows frequently with a very busy schedule throughout the Spring and Summer of 2012. In the Fall of 2012, we’ll be closing down the Grate Room for a major renovation, with a grand re-opening targeted for March, 2013, when we’ll be ready to provide San Rafael with top quality music for years to come.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#107733 2 years, 6 months ago
phil, thank you so much!! this is incredible. i'm glad you could overcome the fairfax BS and find a place you can call home. what better than san rafael. just reading the history about the area and the grateful dead says enough. i look forward to making the trek out there. what i love even more is that it's not just a place for music. you are truly embracing culture. everything you list sounds great. i'd really like to be able to get the full experience.

first shows in march! george thinks maybe a birthday show???

looks like i'm going to be using that $400 united/continental voucher i snagged on my way out to SF very quickly
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by wlewis.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#107750 2 years, 6 months ago
Thank you so much phil! This is exciting. It's close enough to home to. I wish it was a little closer cause it has a link for job opportunities. Buckle up!
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#107779 2 years, 6 months ago
Congrats Phil and thank you for crossroads and all. 2012 will be a year of dreams realized. I hope to see you there soon.
Boy this is turning out to be a great year.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#107780 2 years, 6 months ago
wow Phil this is amazing, thank you so much for this project and especially for droping by to personally announce it to us. I heard the one in Fairfax would take a couple years to build so this is a huge suprise to hear about this so soon, not only an announcement but with shows just a couple months away. We could never thank you enough for what you're doing.

I may live several thousand miles away here in CT on the east coast but it looks like I'm going to becoming less and less of a stranger out west very soon. I can't make march but its now in the top of my agenda to do everything I can to make it out there this summer before it closes down for a bit to renovate. My only hope is that there is some sort of a having to show your ID thing so that scalpers cant get in on any of this....

thanks for everything you've done your whole life for us and still continue to do today!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#107782 2 years, 6 months ago
Hey MushroomMan, how exactly do ticket announcements/sales for the Rambles work? Not that Phil will necessarily do it the same way, but I was curious. They are both tiny venues, I believe.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by SunshineSue.
Stormcrow
Junior Boarder

#107786 2 years, 6 months ago
Dear Mr. Kilowatt

Glad to hear the plans for your own personal venue finally seem to be working out!

I know you're no spring chicken anymore, but I sure hope you don't give up touring and playing other places, too!

You have a lot of longtime Deadicated supporters and lovers of your music all around the world that will never be able to travel to Marin to experience the music live.

I'm sure there will be webcasts and recordings, but as you well know, it's just not the same.

Thanks and Love Ya!
Time to create page: 0.80 seconds