• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

Re: Terrapin Crossroads

#124914 2 years, 7 months ago
I was just thinking after reading about what Phil is trying to do with the ticketing that his heart is right there and then on the other hand he is a brilliant business man as well. I don't believe it's a coincindance that tickets for TC went on sale after the shows in CO which I've been only able to get partially into due to time constraints. But if what I heard of is any indication of what's going to be going down on semi regular basis at TC that was a great way to get us all fired up. I for one was repeating to no one but myself I'll pay, I'll find a way, probably not as often as I'd like but I'll get my foot through that door at some point, crawling if I gotta. I feel bad for having my doubts now, sorry Phil.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#125005 2 years, 7 months ago
i'm posting this message with the intent of sharing info, not going an a major rant or trying to stir up trouble.

Thus far my experience with Terrapin Crossroads has been absolutely aweful. I particitipated in yesterday's GA ticket sale, and like a lot of people I had problems. My order was seemingly filled ($$$ was taken out of my PayPal account and I received a receipt for the total amount of my purchase). However, the receipt showed no details of which shows I actually purchased. After some back and forth with Terrapin Crossroads and after seeing messages on the TC facebook page saying that they over-sold for the 17th, I knew lots of other people had problems and my situation was not unique. Per the messages on the TC facebook page and my email exchange with TC I waited for a follow-up email that was supposed to clarify the details of my order and inform me about next steps. That email did not come until late evening on 02/22, and it did not contain any details of my order... only a link to a page that would allow me to re-purchase tickets on a first come, first served basis.

While I appreciate the effort by TC to send me this private link to purchase tickets, it's basically a useless offer. TC did not inform me as to the tickets I needed to repurchase, and TC has not refunded my money for the tickets that were not filled in my original order. How do they expect me to repurchase tickets when they are still holding my money for the original "purchase"? This is absolutely ridiculous. The roll-out of TC has been horribly managed, and the platform that was chosen for the sale of tickets has caused numerous problems (to put it mildly).

How much abuse is a phan supposed to take? TC took my money, but only partially filled my order (which part they filled still remains a mystery). Now they expect me to buy more tickets without providing critical information and without issuing a partial or a full refund for my original order. I am so horribly disappointed, and Phil should be very embarrassed by this whole debacle. I know it's not Phil's fault directly, but he's the boss and must take ultimate responsibility for this mess. His staff is making him and TC look very bad, and right off the bat TC is alienating a lot of people that were anxiously looking forward to being avid supporters.

I really hope that Phil and TC get things back on track, but at this time they have beaten me up so much that I cannot support TC. I don't want to go as far as saying that I will boycott the venue, but I'm not sure. From the outside looking in it's hard to really know how something so good could go so wrong, but it has. Coming off an absolutely amazing run of PL&F shows in Broomfield just days ago, this turn of events with TC has made me very, very sad.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by .
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#125016 2 years, 7 months ago
Wow man, that's really shitty. If I were in the situation, odds are if they already took the money, I wouldn't have any left over for another purchase. I'd be pretty fucked. Truly sorry to hear about your experience, I'll bet you'll be able to forgive them later on. I get the impression that this is extremely rushed. The website is barely developed; there are very few photos; and I get the impression that the restaurant part of the venue is barely opened. There was a post only a month or two ago looking for a chef for the restaurant (I'm in food service, but not exactly chef-worthy ) It just doesn't seem to give the appearance that they're ready, and your story only adds to that.

I support Phil's vision, however. They'll make it work, and we're gonna have a venue for generations. But some of us are gonna have to fall prey to the bugs that need to be worked out.
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#125019 2 years, 7 months ago
This just posted by TC:

We will be emailing today each and every ticket buyer an exact confirmation of their ticket buys. If you bought duplicate tickets because of the confusion, we will cancel the duplicate. We are very, very sorry for the hassle and are working hard to untangle this. Please know that we will do our best to make this right.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#125020 2 years, 7 months ago
Awww Trent I'm so sorry to hear about your experince. I only hope it goes up from here!

Bokb, the whole thing really isn't developed at all yet. I agree with you on that! And I remember hearing they are gonna shut down the music hall after the summer or during the summer for renovations until 2013? Why so soon? They should have just waited.

But as far as ticket sales man they are getting to be a major headache.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
bxorain
Senior Boarder

#125023 2 years, 7 months ago
I saw the same problem with the miss labeling of the GA tickets for the 3/25 show. It was labeled 3/29 but when you clicked on the icon the show description came up as the 3/25 show, as it should have been labeled as. I got this show but am trying to verify that it is indeed for 3/25. anyone have any info on this?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#125116 2 years, 7 months ago
^^yep, mislabeled, i thought i already posted that, maybe i only did on philzone, idk. sucked for us though as we were scrambling to find it and could only see VIP that night, and didn't want it.

trent--we went thru the same thing. i thought they said they'd cancel duplicates if it happened. thats our plan. we'll know soon enough.

in phil's defense, i really think he was trying to help out by doing what he did but realized that it wasn't enough. i was super frustrated this AM as well, but now that we have it straightened out and the tix we wanted, i feel a lot better. i too hope things can be run more smooth in the future.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#125145 2 years, 7 months ago
i saw a message on FB that said they were cancelling all duplicates and that everyone would get a personal email
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#125153 2 years, 7 months ago
Trent,
I am so sorry about your terrible experience but had to chime in being a business owner myself. I think you are absolutely correct to be upset with TC for their bungling your order, and not refunding your money so you can make another purchase and move on. It doesn't matter what business that you are in, you are there to provide a product or service for a price. You failed to get either in this case with only part of your order guaranteed. It IS ultimately Phil's fault as he is the owner and as a guy with a few dozen employees and some of them under the age, I have to take responsibility for ALL their actions good or bad, representing my name and my business. I think Phil is going to get it all fixed in the end and make things right as his heart is in such the right place here. He may have been so excited for this venture that he has tried to do to much to soon as it certainly looks that way.
I was wondering about this kind of situation when all these gigs were announced. I cant get out there again until fall at the earliest so I will be praying that the webcasts go smoother than this. I was hoping as a huge fan and family member that this wasn't going to happen but we aren't living in Oz and hopefully these mistakes wont happen again & Trent brother, you bring such good energy and positiveness, I hope that you get what you paid for and end up with a huge smile. Peace
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#125209 2 years, 7 months ago
my situation is still a tangled mess, but i'm trying to stay calm. my frustration got the better of me earlier today, but i tried to keep my public postings civil. i appreciate the words of sympathy and support from for the forum. many thanks!!!

i absolutely know that Phil is trying to do the right thing, but the unintended consequences of this debacle have been intense. i really hope that once Phil and company work out the razor sharp kinks in TC's operational plan, the ill feelings about the first round of ticket sales will wane. as for my personal situation, i'll accept the outcome (good or bad) and will try not to dwell on it.
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds