• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: Terrapin Crossroads

#124727 2 years, 8 months ago
deadontherivet wrote:
Firs, I can't afford $150 to go to a show, but I don't begrudge Phil at all for charging that. Anybody who live on either coast knows the price of real estate is outrageous. I'd have to guess TC cost at least $5,000,000 just for the building. W Lewis, I dont know to many people who make money going to shows, unless they are slinging headies or Molly. I vend my ass off just to break even. With two kids that's the only way I can tour.

For what it's worth, if it's true that TC only holds 250 people, 250 X $150 = $37,500. I have to assume that Phil gets paid more than that alone for one gig with Furthur. So my guess is most of the money goes to the performers and the support team at TC. And Phil is not making anything meaningful (in his world) for performing. Now maybe the real money is the $5 per stream costs and perhaps something from people dining once that's up and running.

This is in a sense better than front row center if you get to interact with the band.

This summer I almost spent $250 to stay in a flea bag hotel in Middletown where the band usually stays. I figured it would be worth it if I had a shot of seeing them. So I personally would happily pay the $150 a night. But I don't think I would see nearly as many shows for that price.

And my hat off for them trying to shut out the scalpers. Sucks there was so much pain, but I think WLewis is spot on, they are trying to do the right thing, which is appreciated. And that sounds like a kind offer to people shut out to get tickets to a rehearsal or something else at TC.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Carl
Junior Boarder

#124731 2 years, 8 months ago
i cant seem to find the section on the site to purchase tickets... are all shows sold out already? or am i just missing a link that is right in front of my face?
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#124735 2 years, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
it was a disaster...they made it look like they were using music today up until tix went on sale, into their own system. they mislabeled the GA for the 25th and a 2nd posting of the 29th and 25th is the last night of the weekend we wanted so we were basically forced into grabbing another night of VIP. oh well. could be worse things. i feel bad at how messed up their system is but really they are trying to avoid scumbags from getting in on the tickets, and they're asking for everybodys last name and ID info...it's on folks. terrapin 22-25!!!

Glad you got the tix you wanted but sorry for Phil & Co that it got all messed up! Were your tickets will-call only?

When I first tried to buy tix, the site asked for last 4 of each ticket holders ID # but then when I finally did get the tickets, it only wanted my name (even thought I bought 2) and said I needed to bring ID and the credit card it was charged to with me. Plus at that time, the 3/17 tix were mis-mapped to 4/1. Hope no one got tickets for the wrong dates by accident!
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#124739 2 years, 8 months ago
Carl wrote:
i cant seem to find the section on the site to purchase tickets... are all shows sold out already? or am i just missing a link that is right in front of my face?

I bet they pulled the tickets while they figure out this mess and will put any left back on the site later.

Update from TC:
ATTN: We don't have the reports yet to notify the people who were sold tickets in error. Once we notify those people, the ticket site will be back up powered by IN TICKETING. We are working to resolve this problem as fast as humanly possible. Thank you for being patient. We will work out all the kinks and appreciate your willingness to be part of the journey. Updates will be available both on here and our website.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by amusingdeva.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#124757 2 years, 8 months ago
PMoondancer wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:
I probably wont make it to Phil's place to soon, maybe not even before the renovations depending what else goes on this summer but I do plan on making it there next year but I can't wait to wear that wonderful necklace on tour this april

Remember too that when you come to see Phil my house is open to you:)

I am so glad you like the necklace:)))))))))

Chester got one too:)

As I can afford it, I will send more out to more forum members.

So many great people here, real good folks:)

So special in my heart....

well thank you very much for the kind offer, surely we will meet sooner then later. if Furthur does NYE again I may be in Cali for that before I make it to TC. The necklace is beautiful, I couldn't believe it when I opened the package.

sorry for the response delay, I went to work after this post -- the previous posts were when I woke up in the middle of the night and decided to stay up for a bit eventually leaving myself only an hour to go back to bed for (I sure do hate some of the things I do, was regreting that big time this morning - an hour never went by so fast!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#124794 2 years, 8 months ago
Poor Phil -- he recorded a quick video that is on the TC Facebook page apologizing for the ticket screw up and they plan to announce when tickets go on sale again as soon as they get a new ticket vendor which they were trying to avoid to get around scalpers.

I don't know what this means to people who already bought tickets. He just says to check the website in a few hours for an announcement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#124828 2 years, 8 months ago
A message from Phil regarding ticket sales today:

www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=636334149936
Takin' it in stride!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#124842 2 years, 8 months ago
strider i hope our order is secure
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#124847 2 years, 8 months ago
Guess we'll find out soon enough.

:fingers crossed:
Takin' it in stride!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#124875 2 years, 8 months ago
i hope you guys get your tickets,that said i guess there was overwhelming demand for those "expensive tickets" and it crashed the system .good for you phil you deserve it after all these years
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds