• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

Re: Terrapin Crossroads

#124632 2 years, 2 months ago
Most people complaining about the price spend more than $150 a week on drugs/booze...really, it is your job to make assumptions about people. Nice to see that people are open to others having opinions about the directions some members of this band are trying to move in and that there is such love between all the fans. I would and will not be going to any shows that don't have shakedown and charge more than $100 to get in. That has nothing to do with what this band has been all about all these years. You can disagree all you want but don't hate on me or others who think this is a big change.
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#124651 2 years, 2 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
Most people complaining about the price spend more than $150 a week on drugs/booze...really, it is your job to make assumptions about people. Nice to see that people are open to others having opinions about the directions some members of this band are trying to move in and that there is such love between all the fans. I would and will not be going to any shows that don't have shakedown and charge more than $100 to get in. That has nothing to do with what this band has been all about all these years. You can disagree all you want but don't hate on me or others who think this is a big change.

I guess we are beating a dead horse here at this point. I don't begrudge you for having an opinion. My point is that "what this band has been about all these years" as you say, means different things to everybody. For me, the band is about providing a musical experience that is unlike any other out there. If other people feel the same that's great. For you, it means something different apparently. I asked you earlier, what do you think is the best way for the band to go into the future as far as how many tours a year, size venue, ticket prices etc...? What do you think is fair for the band, fans and cities that host the events going forward?
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#124656 2 years, 2 months ago
it's only 1 in 10,000 that come for the show.

some people don't go to shows if they can't make money going to them.

that's directed at nobody in particular, either of those statements. just a couple things i've learned along the way. ok i admit it bobby weir told me the first.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, MushroomMan
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#124658 2 years, 2 months ago
I don't even want to comment on what I think would be ideal. However as I said before I think the last few years has been really, really nice and if you compare it to what appears to be on the horizon, I think everyone who was able to do part of the tours these last few years will feel blessed for having done so. More of the same is what I would want. I added up the dates once a while ago regarding the past few years tour and the boys really only work 3-4 months per year. It seems like they were always touring but if you add it up and all the breaks, 3-4 months per year is not a huge burden on them. But I do realize that most their age are retired or even musicians, do a tour every three years or so. I am grateful for anything and cannot wait for the Wang shows, but I don't go just for the band. To me the scene makes the music as much as the band does.
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#124661 2 years, 2 months ago
I would go if I had time, perhaps I do . . . Well then, if I have money . . . more than some . . . though dreadfully in debt . . .
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#124693 2 years, 2 months ago
Firs, I can't afford $150 to go to a show, but I don't begrudge Phil at all for charging that. Anybody who live on either coast knows the price of real estate is outrageous. I'd have to guess TC cost at least $5,000,000 just for the building. W Lewis, I dont know to many people who make money going to shows, unless they are slinging headies or Molly. I vend my ass off just to break even. With two kids that's the only way I can tour.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#124716 2 years, 2 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
your right i imagined all that pot smoke and empry beer bottles at the shows. ill call the wahhhambulance for ya
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#124722 2 years, 2 months ago
FYI From TC:

RE: OVER-SOLD 3/17 PL&F SHOW!!!!

Due to high volume on our Terrapin Crossroads ticket system, you may have mistakenly sold ticket(s) to our opening Phil Lesh & Friends show on March 17th.

We have been developing our own ticketing system that will allow for lower ticket processing fees and prevent scalping. We were overwhelmed with traffic, all attempting to purchase one item at the same exact time and the system allowed buyers to exceed the capacity.

Please accept our sincere apology for this happening. We were hoping to develop a system that will have minimal tickets fees and deter scalping.

To make up for the hassle we would like to offer anyone who bought a ticket and will be rejected, a chance to attend a rehearsal or other special event, details will be sent in an email to each purchaser.

Thank you all for your support, we hope that you are all able to secure tickets to other shows.

There are a small quantity of tickets left for some of the shows. Those will be available soon.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#124723 2 years, 2 months ago
deadontherivet wrote:
Firs, I can't afford $150 to go to a show, but I don't begrudge Phil at all for charging that. Anybody who live on either coast knows the price of real estate is outrageous. I'd have to guess TC cost at least $5,000,000 just for the building. W Lewis, I dont know to many people who make money going to shows, unless they are slinging headies or Molly. I vend my ass off just to break even. With two kids that's the only way I can tour.

everybodys circumstances are different but there are without a doubt vendors and of course the drug dealers making coin on the road. just from a random sample of 3 vendor friends including you, nobody's situation is the same. time is money.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#124724 2 years, 2 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:
FYI From TC:

RE: OVER-SOLD 3/17 PL&F SHOW!!!!

Due to high volume on our Terrapin Crossroads ticket system, you may have mistakenly sold ticket(s) to our opening Phil Lesh & Friends show on March 17th.

We have been developing our own ticketing system that will allow for lower ticket processing fees and prevent scalping. We were overwhelmed with traffic, all attempting to purchase one item at the same exact time and the system allowed buyers to exceed the capacity.

Please accept our sincere apology for this happening. We were hoping to develop a system that will have minimal tickets fees and deter scalping.

To make up for the hassle we would like to offer anyone who bought a ticket and will be rejected, a chance to attend a rehearsal or other special event, details will be sent in an email to each purchaser.

Thank you all for your support, we hope that you are all able to secure tickets to other shows.

There are a small quantity of tickets left for some of the shows. Those will be available soon.

it was a disaster...they made it look like they were using music today up until tix went on sale, into their own system. they mislabeled the GA for the 25th and a 2nd posting of the 29th and 25th is the last night of the weekend we wanted so we were basically forced into grabbing another night of VIP. oh well. could be worse things. i feel bad at how messed up their system is but really they are trying to avoid scumbags from getting in on the tickets, and they're asking for everybodys last name and ID info...it's on folks. terrapin 22-25!!!

^^^the above use of the term scumbag is referring to scalpers. this is to prevent any possible socio-economic bias from being conveyed.
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by wlewis.
Time to create page: 5.06 seconds