• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
PartPat
Senior Boarder

Re: MAJOR Office FUCK UP:(!!!!!

#107642 2 years, 9 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
You know, if you're doing a good job and some time was invested in your training, many managers (and I speak with many years as a manager in health care businesses) wouldn't want to risk losing you. Especially in a small company where there may not be a lot of extra folks to pitch in a cover your work if you're not there. You're not totally screwed yet, think positive. And if you have a rapport with the receptionist, you can try talking to her and hoping for her compassion, but do so carefully, and not when you're in panic mode. Sending lots of good office vibes your way, let us know how it turns out.

Thanks for all the input guys
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by PartPat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, Bakes
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#107643 2 years, 9 months ago
philisgod wrote:
How the hell did you not fill out an application??

Seems odd to me.

Mcdonalds required an application but not a Health Care operation?

Maybe you just should have been more careful. I would have stood there until the fucker went through and I got the confirmation.

just sayin.....

Hope it wrks out.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#107644 2 years, 9 months ago
PartPat wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
You know, if you're doing a good job and some time was invested in your training, many managers (and I speak with many years as a manager in health care businesses) wouldn't want to risk losing you. Especially in a small company where there may not be a lot of extra folks to pitch in a cover your work if you're not there. You're not totally screwed yet, think positive. And if you have a rapport with the receptionist, you can try talking to her and hoping for her compassion, but do so carefully, and not when you're in panic mode. Sending lots of good office vibes your way, let us know how it turns out.

We do have a great rapport with her I am like her favorite ere cause I do a good job and full of youthful energy. She just sent me a message saying don't trip Im so so happy you work here and you dont owe me any explanation.. still I feel like sayin hey I got in trouble for pot in my early 20's and it's embarassing and that is it, just to keep her from wondering and making mountains out of mole hills

Phew ! That's great!! Just a thought, but if you do want to tell her a little more, since she's surely wondering, you may want to just very briefly reassure her it wasn't anything violent, and that you "just got caught up with the wrong crowd when I was too young to know better". The fewer details the better!! So glad it seems to be working out!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#107648 2 years, 9 months ago
A lot depends on your relationship with the receptionist. I'm sure you interact daily in a small office. But I'm not sure how close you are as you're so much younger than everyone else.

I would think that unless you are on her "shit list" it would be a big nothing. And if you have a decent working relationship with her all the better for you. Maybe she'll ask you and if she does, you can just give her a general answer like "it was some stupid stuff from when I was a kid"; nothing violent or anything like that. Who knows, maybe she'll feel sorry for you.

But in the age of you can;t even ask a job candidate how old they are, I think this is all off limits too. Perhaps even if she saw your information on the fax. But I don't know what rights if any you give up if you made any false statements on your job application.

Did they do a background check on you when you were hired. If they did, perhaps the people that matter already know?

My gut feeling is not to say anything - at least not yet. You'll get a sense from her if she's really frightened of you.

Good luck!

EDIT: Our posts "crossed". Looking good for you PP. Happy 4 U.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by scar1et_f1re.
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#107649 2 years, 9 months ago
Should be all good lunch fast approaching and I shall update you all in a hour or so..
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#107662 2 years, 9 months ago
She sounds kind. That's awesome man, don't sweat it. Feel fortunate to work with great folks like that.

PartPat wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:

We do have a great rapport with her I am like her favorite ere cause I do a good job and full of youthful energy. She just sent me a message saying don't trip Im so so happy you work here and you dont owe me any explanation.. still I feel like sayin hey I got in trouble for pot in my early 20's and it's embarassing and that is it, just to keep her from wondering and making mountains out of mole hills

PartPat
Senior Boarder

#107684 2 years, 9 months ago
I just gave her a the quick version and she tld me not to worry that it's personal and she wont say anything and doesnt judge. Just again stated how great it is to have me here. Whew
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue, mcolleen
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#107685 2 years, 9 months ago
Congratulations! Very happy for you.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Grateful_Hiker
Junior Boarder
Singing and dancing down the trail...

#107687 2 years, 9 months ago
The past is the past we've all made our mistakes, glad that she was so understanding and it won't give you any more problems. Keep on working hard!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#107707 2 years, 9 months ago
Some day at work, eh? Glad it worked out for you. Just curious, PP, how old or young (about) was this kind lady? She was a real stand up lady, my hat off to her! We need more people like her. Cause mean people suck eggs.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds