• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
PartPat
Senior Boarder

Resolved

#107627 2 years, 6 months ago
resolved
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by PartPat.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

Re: MAJOR Office FUCK UP:(!!!!!

#107628 2 years, 6 months ago
Have that personal and confidential discussion with her. Better to let her know you don't want that shared. FAX FROM THE LOCAL business shop in the future?
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#107629 2 years, 6 months ago
Bakes wrote:
Have that personal and confidential discussion with her. Better to let her know you don't want that shared. FAX FROM THE LOCAL business shop in the future?

HAHA... Yeah... Or a cover letter..Fucking sucks though.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by PartPat.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#107630 2 years, 6 months ago
Keep quiet!!! See what happens before making any kind of move, especially if you didn't disclose it on your application. There's a possibility that she didn't realize what it was, or know that it was about you. I know that the receptionist is the chief information mover in most offices, but you could get lucky and she'll keep her mouth shut or didn't even notice. But if you bring it up first, it's definitely going to be talked about. Good luck, I hope it works out!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: teafortexas
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#107631 2 years, 6 months ago
Buy her lunch, Good Luck Bud

Honesty dosen't always go over well, unless she saw spacifics tell her it was from the free cable you gave to all your friends.

Don't worry just be clear that she should maintain her professional integrity, you would be amazed at all the stuff a receptionest see's , but have to keep quiet.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by ecojaded.
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#107635 2 years, 6 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Keep quiet!!! See what happens before making any kind of move, especially if you didn't disclose it on your application. There's a possibility that she didn't realize what it was, or know that it was about you. I know that the receptionist is the chief information mover in most offices, but you could get lucky and she'll keep her mouth shut or didn't even notice. But if you bring it up first, it's definitely going to be talked about. Good luck, I hope it works out!!!

She Def saw

Thanks though...Never fllled out a app so there was no lying..
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#107636 2 years, 6 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
Buy her lunch, Good Luck Bud

Honesty dosen't always go over well, unless she saw spacifics tell her it was from the free cable you gave to all your friends.

Don't worry just be clear that she should maintain her professional integrity, you would be amazed at all the stuff a receptionest see's , but have to keep quiet.

Yeah thanks. I dont doubt that she would keep it quiet if she did not feel threatened by the un-known.. Does that make any sense?
philisgod
Junior Boarder

#107637 2 years, 6 months ago
I guess my answer depends on a cpl variables.

1) On your pre-employment screening (I'm assuming you had one), did you list that information on your application so that when your backround check came in it was listed? If yes, then you dont need to tell her shit!!

or

2) If you did not list that and hid it....or it can in some way get you terminated from your position, then you may want to have some sort of conversation with her.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#107638 2 years, 6 months ago
You know, if you're doing a good job and some time was invested in your training, many managers (and I speak with many years as a manager in health care businesses) wouldn't want to risk losing you. Especially in a small company where there may not be a lot of extra folks to pitch in a cover your work if you're not there. You're not totally screwed yet, think positive. And if you have a rapport with the receptionist, you can try talking to her and hoping for her compassion, but do so carefully, and not when you're in panic mode. Sending lots of good office vibes your way, let us know how it turns out.
philisgod
Junior Boarder

#107640 2 years, 6 months ago
How the hell did you not fill out an application??

Seems odd to me.

Mcdonalds required an application but not a Health Care operation?

Maybe you just should have been more careful. I would have stood there until the fucker went through and I got the confirmation.

just sayin.....

Hope it wrks out.
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds