• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
katie mae
Junior Boarder

What is wrong with some folks at shows?

#107431 2 years, 6 months ago
I noticed some very weird stuff at the NYE run and I just cannot fathom why some folks do what they do, let alone why they think it's cool to do such weird things. I mean, let your freak flag fly, wear what you want, be a spinner, be a sitter, dance how you like, but some stuff is just beyond. For example, to the messed up looking lady with the tambourine, I know this might come as a shock to you, but nobody wants to hear you whack that damn thing when they're at a show. I know you might wish you were Sunshine, but you're not so, yanno, leave it at home. The dude who brought not one, but two pairs of drum sticks to play on his chair back, yeah, thanks but if your name's not Joe Russo, put that shit away. And to the chick with 500 freaking bells on her belt, I know, there's a song with the phrase "bells on her shoes", but it doesn't mean you actually need to bring bells into the show and it doesn't mean we want to be forced to listen to those damn things over and at the expense of the music. There is a limit to what's cool and banging around on shit so it distracts from the show isn't cool. Rock on with your bad selves at home, where you're not bugging anybody, but damn, leave the percussion at home when you hit a show. We pay good money to hear the band and if you're not in the band, chances are pretty good that nobody came to hear you play. It was totally annoying at some points.

And to the group from the Bay area (I'm talking to you, Jason, and all your posse), who last year let about 30 of their able bodied friends cut into the ADA line, and thus ruined it for non-wheel chair disabled folks this year, and who this year did the same thing at the front of the NYE day line, you guys just don't get it at all, do you?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: What is wrong with some folks at shows?

#107435 2 years, 6 months ago
Oh you must also mean the person who took a huge shit in the elevator at the parking garage. Everyone on that ride is now scarred for life

I also have to agree with you - some people do whatever they want no matter what, but that happens everywhere not just Furthur concerts.. your post made me laugh though!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#107436 2 years, 6 months ago
Your totally right. The people who cut in line really piss me off. I was in line everyday by 11. Got the seat I wanted every night but those who cut should not get in.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Muddy Das
Junior Boarder

#107437 2 years, 6 months ago
that shit is very annoying i totally agree.

Hey is that that jackstraw from colorado
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#107439 2 years, 6 months ago
Muddy Das wrote:
that shit is very annoying i totally agree.

Hey is that that jackstraw from colorado

Hahaha yeah aka Denver Man aka JackstrawfromColorado, is that you Noonie??
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#107440 2 years, 6 months ago
i cannot imagine gettin in line at 11 toget a seat, i will just sit on the floor and get in line about 20 mins. before music starts.
did it all 3 nights, got in in under 15 min. each night.
why spend hours just for a chair?
but yeah people who infringe on my goood time suck too, i just move though, cuase its easier than punchin dudes, or talkin to whacked out females. ffuckem letem freak, thhe good folk out way the bad, and we know it.
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#107445 2 years, 6 months ago
Wow. I can't believe some people really do that stuff. I mean, I believe you... I don't think you're lying... it's just hard to believe that people could do that stuff and never have it cross their mind that their behavior might be bothering other people. And I thought singing and clapping out of time was bad. I guess you just can't teach common sense.

I do have to say, though, that it is stuff similar to this that made me stop going to furthur shows.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by MWoods.
Muddy Das
Junior Boarder

#107449 2 years, 6 months ago
yes this is Noonie my kids call me muddy (long story) so sometimes i go by that. Good guess on who I am or are you stalking me....
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#107451 2 years, 6 months ago
Muddy Das wrote:
yes this is Noonie my kids call me muddy (long story) so sometimes i go by that. Good guess on who I am or are you stalking me....

Cool I saw your name and it clicked from the vineyard. Were you all in SF?
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#107452 2 years, 6 months ago
If you are not ADA or at least with someone who is- going in the ADA line is lame. It's like being perfectly healthy and using your grandma's disability parking card.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
Time to create page: 1.30 seconds