• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Re: no OMSN on sat...

#107574 2 years, 9 months ago
That made my weekend, well so did everything else but to hear Terrapin as the encore with no OMSN and Morning Dew to open the second oh and Viola Lee in the first! Amen Furthur i can't get this smile off my face an i don't plan on it for a while!!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcolleen
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#107597 2 years, 9 months ago
www.archive.org/details/gd1983-09-04.bey...nknown.104956.flac16

One More Labor Day Night, on a Sunday no less!
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#107598 2 years, 9 months ago
last year, the encore for NYE was OMSN (for a Friday night show).
They did play it, just one year earlier than they were supposed to.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
skyties
Junior Boarder

#107604 2 years, 9 months ago
Cal-Expo ^
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#107633 2 years, 9 months ago
And we on the rail were happy about that. I don't like a predictable encore.
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
Actually the summer tour in St. Augustine show they did not play OMSN
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#107728 2 years, 9 months ago
when the show ended and we had the usual encore break puff and chat about what may be played, i had no clue i didn't say anything. i was frightened they were going to close out the weekend with one more saturday night. they delivered hard with the terrapin. thought maybe a sat night afterward but no. you can't do that after encoring terrapin, you just can't. sorry, not in my book.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#107737 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
when the show ended and we had the usual encore break puff and chat about what may be played, i had no clue i didn't say anything. i was frightened they were going to close out the weekend with one more saturday night. they delivered hard with the terrapin. thought maybe a sat night afterward but no. you can't do that after encoring terrapin, you just can't. sorry, not in my book.

I'll take the mind blowing Terrapin Suite encore over OMSN any day of the week!! Man was that good or what??!! Reminded me of 2009 at the Bill Graham my first Furthur show although I think they just did Terrapin not the whole shebang. That's when I knew this band was going to blow people's minds!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#107771 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:

So you'd complain with a terrapin suite>OMSN? I couldn't believe it- maybe it was the 10 cups of coffee I was drinking everyday, but I could have handled one more song.... just saying.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#107835 2 years, 9 months ago
well i guess that's where we're different lostsailor. for me the ending with terrapin was more than an encore. it said something. omsn doesn't. it was a glorious, beautiful way to end a very well played weekend. there was just simply no need to break that energy and mood in the air with an overplayed, run of the mill one more saturday night. NYE was special, not another walk in the park.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds