• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

Re: Good Vibes Thread / Best NYE ever

#108024 2 years, 6 months ago
A Leafs fan?
Is that you Dave?

Looks like the leafs might make the playoffs this year. As long as they dont win the cup, then i would have to eat a pile of shit due to the bet i lost.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: THE greatest NYE ever

#108030 2 years, 6 months ago
funky420 wrote:
Congratulations dude I'm about to make the same leap in 11 days !

Hey Funky, I hope you report back with your story, too. Can't wait to hear all about the Jamaica proposal!
She's a lucky lady!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, FurthurFlower67
saintStephen
Junior Boarder

#108037 2 years, 6 months ago
no, not a dave. I'm a johnny...

yes, leafs might make it this year. I'm not sure though. They're capable of many kinds of flop.
you're a Montrealer? Habs look kinda iffy this year. I'm a fan of them too - I know it's not that common, but
don't hate any teams just cuz... (except Ottawa, but there are a lot of reasons for that).
if the horse don't pull, you gotta carry the load.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#108059 2 years, 6 months ago
Welcome to the board Johnny. It's good to have someone else here petition for a Furthur Canadian Run.
Did you catch the show at the Ottawa Bluesfest last summer?
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by jaredlang.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#108064 2 years, 6 months ago
Oh, and did I mention :
Congratulations JK and Dawn. You look very happy. I know I would be if I had the opportunity to propose to my love at a Furthur NYE show.
I wish you guys a long happy life with many more Phil and Bobby shows!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jk420
jk420
Junior Boarder
At least I'm enjoyin' the ride

#108125 2 years, 6 months ago
I humbly thank you all for the love. What I've come to realize at this age (44) and with the emergence of Furthur these past few years, is that Dawn and I are truly and fully appreciating EVERY moment of every show soo much, that is has actually spilled over into how I treat events in my personal life now, I swear. Not that I didn't love every minute of watching Jerry make magic, and it sure was a magical journey, but I never thought something like Furthur would even exist, after Jerry. Sure Phil and friends, Ratdog, etc...are/were fun to see, but in no way does it compare to the Furthur scene for me. THIS scene takes me back to my best days of touring, thanks to us all!

But my point before was, even with my engagement on NYE...this is a 2nd marriage for both Dawn and I and we have made a conscious effort to make almost everything we do BETTER this time around...also with age you appreciate that these things will not be here forever, so it's important to me to make things even more SPECIAL. I could not pass up this opportunity to make such a great event as NYE with Furthur as mindblowingly greatl as possible, and proposing to my Sugar Mag was one of the highlights of my life! I am filled with optimism and positivity for the coming year, partly thanks to this Furthur family that has emerged, so I gladly send back these positive vibes to you all and thank you.

Let's have an even better 2012 Furthur family!
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#108145 2 years, 6 months ago
congratulations!!!
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#108146 2 years, 6 months ago
Wow, I didn't see this thread until now. Congratulations, that just sent me a high just reading it! Thanks for sharing the story!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jk420
saintStephen
Junior Boarder

#108148 2 years, 6 months ago
thanks for the Welcome. I'm glad to be here. I would love to see Furthur in Canada and didn't see them in Ottawa. I used to see Grateful Dead a lot from '84 on... When Jerry passed, I was broken-hearted like most, and didn't think i could go see anything (phil and friends, etc) without being majorly depressed. My first Furthur shows was a short solo trip I took last fall to syracuse 11.11.11 and buffalo two nights later. Loved it. Felt really good.

I'ill be in boston in april for those 2. Again, thanks for the 'welcome'.
if the horse don't pull, you gotta carry the load.
jk420
Junior Boarder
At least I'm enjoyin' the ride

#108155 2 years, 6 months ago

Get on board! It's been a great ride and the band keeps getting better with each show!!

15 shows and counting for me....
Time to create page: 1.38 seconds