Junior Boarder

Cuthbert or Hult Center

#10713 3 years, 5 months ago
I love Cuthbert.

Last fall was magical and soggy.

I am grateful for those two shows.

But...

Aren't they the same size?

You can hear a pin drop in the Hult, from anywhere in the venue.

Plenty of bars... big seats. Warm and dry.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by SkiNose.
johnnyhub
Junior Boarder

Re: Cuthbert or Hult Center

#10716 3 years, 5 months ago
Furthur has their blinding "$$$$$" goggles on right now.. It doesn't seem they are putting much effort into looking for venues out west. Seattle has the Paramount,which is a gorgeous big theatre (GD played there in 77 & Ratdog has played there), but Phil has never even played Seattle since GD in '95...
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

#10718 3 years, 5 months ago
This has nothing to do with $$$$

It's all about the rain.

It was going sideways onto the stage. You could feel the building electrocution.

Or maybe that was the music/doses.

Jill said they'd be here in the Fall.

The Hult is a great venue. We would have to treat it well.

I'd love it if they played Portland, Seattle, and Eugene.

Gonna work all summer to save up for it.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by SkiNose.
ratdogfreak
Junior Boarder

#10725 3 years, 5 months ago
while l love the hult center, i'd much rather boogie down at cuthbert. one of my favorite venues down in oregon. there are a few good places they could play in the pac nw if they poked around. there is that edgefield manor in troutdale. i saw dylan play there two nights last summer. it is an old renovated migrant farmland or something with hotel, restaraunts, gardens, golf, winery and brewery on site. great venue, and would be the perfect place for the boys. i really dug the redmond show last fall and would love to go back to that place. there's the ocf fairgrounds outside eugene. the place in bend...les schwab i think... while i don't love it it is the perfect size for the furthur.
"a short while back the door flung wide
we all saw good luck on the other side
the door blew shut but here's the deal
dreams are lies, it's the dreaming that's real"
sfwharfratluke
Junior Boarder

#10726 3 years, 5 months ago
cuthbert is the perfect venue for furthur.
hult center looks like a sweet indoor spot, but should only be used as a back-up to lousy weather.
i could've done without the rain, however, the scene & the venue were great.
judit
Junior Boarder

#10730 3 years, 5 months ago
The largest theater in the Hult Center, the Silva, holds 2500 people, versus Cuthbert at 5000.
Cuthbert in September can be lovely, as it was the first show last year, or it can be wet and/or cold.
FUCK CANCER!

Peace & Love
ratdogfreak
Junior Boarder

#10736 3 years, 5 months ago
I know they built a new basketball arena on campus, but did they keep the Mac? That would be a good size for the boys in eugene also.
Lazylightnin
Fresh Boarder

#10745 3 years, 5 months ago
ratdogfreak wrote:
while l love the hult center, i'd much rather boogie down at cuthbert. one of my favorite venues down in oregon. there are a few good places they could play in the pac nw if they poked around. there is that edgefield manor in troutdale. i saw dylan play there two nights last summer. it is an old renovated migrant farmland or something with hotel, restaraunts, gardens, golf, winery and brewery on site. great venue, and would be the perfect place for the boys. i really dug the redmond show last fall and would love to go back to that place. there's the ocf fairgrounds outside eugene. the place in bend...les schwab i think... while i don't love it it is the perfect size for the furthur.

Seeing Furthur at Edgefield Manor would be EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!! Luv that place!!!!!
ratdogfreak
Junior Boarder

#10750 3 years, 5 months ago
Lazylightnin wrote:
ratdogfreak wrote:

Seeing Furthur at Edgefield Manor would be EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!! Luv that place!!!!!

i know right imagine the freaks taking that place over for a two day run.
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#10753 3 years, 5 months ago
Oregon Zoo Amphitheater in Portland

Set a up a wookie traps, cage and viewing area.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds