Platinum Boarder

taping?

#106983 2 years, 8 months ago
was there any taping this past weekend?
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

Re: taping?

#106988 2 years, 8 months ago
I already downloaded Thursday's show today, from nakguy. I got it at bt.etree.org and there is always archive.org, too, for shows from the tapers. Keep checking, and I am sure you can get 'em all, pretty quickly. There is also the downloadable official soundboard releases you can buy, as well, here: www.gnomesandhobbits.com/Shows.html . I didn't buy the CDs at the show, like I do sometimes, but these would have been great ones to get. I just hate waiting in the long lines right after the shows when i am usually trying to catch up with everyone before they head out.

From the tapers:

12/29/2011 ~ bt.etree.org/details.php?id=551293

12/30/2011 ~ bt.etree.org/details.php?id=551357

12/31/2011 + 1/1/2012 ~ bt.etree.org/details.php?id=551363 and/or bt.etree.org/details.php?id=551359

For these downloads you need to use a bittorrent program to download them. If you are not sure how to use one, or need any help or suggestions on what to use or anything, just ask! Enjoy!
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by GratefulDad420. Reason: adding links for the tapers recordings
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#106998 2 years, 8 months ago
Wondering if these could be put up on the Archive:unsure: pretty please?
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#106999 2 years, 8 months ago
They'll be on the archive soon enough, we'll probably have eight versions to choose from
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#107003 2 years, 8 months ago
Big Ralph wrote:
Wondering if these could be put up on the Archive:unsure: pretty please?
They'll be up on archive I am sure, but if you don't want to wait, it's very easy to download utorrent for free, here: www.utorrent.com/downloads . Once d/led you just install it, then you can click options in the top left corner and click on setup guide, and it's very simple to setup. It will download files, though, without any tweaking, even.

Once you have it installed, you just click on the torrent link on the pages I linked above, (in windows) choose run with utorrent or save the torrent file and click on it to start downloading it with utorrent, and then when utorrent opens it will ask where you want to save the files. Then just choose where you want to save the files. Click ok and it will start downloading within seconds. Etree has the files, usually even faster than archive every time, often the same night of the show or next day, and they are all free, legal downloads, so unless you decide to start downloading copyrighted material, that is all you need to do.

If you choose to go to other torrent sites to find copyrighted material (such as thepiratebay.org or btjunkie.org), then I would suggest d/ling another free program called peerblock, here: www.peerblock.com/releases . You'd install it after downloading it and run it anytime you use utorrent to prevent anti-p2p companies from tracking you. It starts with a few blocklists already included that should be fine for downloading whatever you want, but you can choose even more blocklists at iblocklist.com. You can use it like a firewall, as well, to block many other undesirable sites, including spyware sites, pedophiles, hackers, etc.

I know this may sound complicated, but it's really very simple, and these programs will work alright without any tweaking, although learning a bit more about the various settings can help you increase your download speeds, and even upload your own torrents. It's probably the easiest way to get any free music, movies, tv shows, books, software, and more, that you could possibly ever want.

Etree, also, has all sorts of shows from nearly any jamband show and more, that allows tapers. Take a look at bt.etree.org and it may make all this stuff look very worthwhile if you are really into the whole live music scene, but can't make it to all the shows you want to.

Let me know if you'd need any more help or suggestions.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by GratefulDad420. Reason: clarifying
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#107004 2 years, 8 months ago
thank you!
mok
Junior Boarder

#107022 2 years, 8 months ago
NYE is up at archive. www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-12-31.tt.aud.mkh8040.flac16 I couldn't help myself, I had to start in the middle a rehear that Morning Dew
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#107032 2 years, 8 months ago
tons of tapers. from what i've noticed over the years, west coast tapers take a lot longer to upload than east coast. there will be plenty on archive soon enough. as others mentioned, always grab a torrent aud recording, or buy the cd.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#107033 2 years, 8 months ago
Thanks so much to person who put New Years Eve tape on Archive...beautiful rejuvination after holidays!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#107037 2 years, 8 months ago
you know what, that taper is our own forum member tapertsquare. thanks trent! i saw you one night but you were busy with your rig.

but for some reason these tracks won't play for me. anybody else having the same problem?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds