• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

furthur FAMILY

#106973 2 years, 8 months ago
alright, this one will be interesting. a few weeks ago maybe a month, someone (i think bob) posted a thread about the furthur family (referring to our board). i posted in that thread that i never considered people i went to shows with my family, and i listed some reasons as to why. we had a discussion about it on both sides, more than just myself.

this weekend has changed those ideas in my head forever. i had the lucky chance to meet many folks from the forum here in SF during the weekend. all started by sharing a room with someone i know from tour (who is a member here but rarely posts). each day i seemed to meet more new folks. some at the hotel, some at the golden arrow, some at the shows even! ("hey man, by any chance are you funky420 from the furthur board?" "yes, are you wlewis??") that's how easy it was. sharing numbers and hotel info in private messages helped as well with communication. the last two nights we used our small furthur board community to our advantage and raged out all night with each other. we were looking out for each other, helping those that appeared to need help whether it was a mindfuck or a sip of water. the energy we held and distributed was great in quantity. i couldn't stop appreciating the gatherings we had, both inside and outside the venues. i could go on and on and i don't feel i really need to get into anymore detail other than i am truly thankful i was able to meet everyone i did this weekend. by the end of the weekend, everybody was more than just another person i see at shows. you became someone i find it hard to imagine not having at shows now.

back when we did the golden arrow west coast tour, we thought we were onto something. bringing that together with everyone else multiplied these feelings. i look forward to seeing everybody down the road. keep on dancin!!!

special thanks to rockin bob, furthur flower, amusing deva, alexroadtripper, strider, illuminaughty, tmglf, iamthedoor, bilbo, wgjordan, dancing turtle, funky420, little bear, and our brother smiley from texas! and all the significant others/friends we were able to bring in and share the experience with. anybody i didn't mention i apologize it slipped my mind

to anyone who would like to add anything to this feel free, you were part of it too!

see ya at the next one
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by wlewis.
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

Re: furthur FAMILY

#106976 2 years, 8 months ago
You have no idea how happy reading that makes me:P
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#106978 2 years, 8 months ago
Wlewis you sure are something special. And you play a major part in this family! Love to you brother! Thanks for being so kind!

And to all the other forum members from this weekend, love to you all too! We were a part of something special this weekend. Celebrating the end of a year with the people who came there for the same reasons....music, dancing, love, and having a good time! The Golden State sure did shine on us! I totally believe the sign was the rainbow. And Burt you were the one who spotted it for us! We made it grow big and bright with our love we have for one another.

Let the good times roll!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#106980 2 years, 8 months ago
indeed

thanks to the people of sf....cut a wide swath this time out, still getting ocean beach/santa cruz sand out of my paraphenalia, north beach pasta, mission huaraches papusas, and sam wo's fried rice provided critical fuel as well. all the great cats i met whose numbers are too long to list, your were/are a blast and gave me enough hope and energy to keep on keepin' on. thanks to the cats at vesuvio who didn"t make the shows but were/are kindred spirits and tolerated my bobby althea guitar FX malfunction quasi rant (essentially bobby you have such great touch & tone why think so much about it...anyways enough of that). thanks as well too the many world travellers i met in sf as well, i hope you will see and understand the generosity, spirit, and uniqueness of north america which i probably didn't articulate as well as i probably should've.

and once again thanks to the band as always
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#106984 2 years, 8 months ago
sounds like it was an amazing time, ill be there with everyone next year
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#106985 2 years, 8 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
sounds like it was an amazing time, ill be there with everyone next year

We felt you there with us as well as others. Will be good to have you next year.
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#106986 2 years, 8 months ago
I can only add one thing. I have always said its all about the music but this run was so much more. Much love and forever grateful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tumbleweed
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#107012 2 years, 8 months ago
That's a truly beautiful post, Burt, thank you for making my day (sniff!)!! The community and the music together are, and have always been, greater than the sum of their parts.

Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, scar1et_f1re
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#107014 2 years, 8 months ago
I would like to say I was in the same boat as wlewis befor the weekend and still am now, you know kind of get a perception about people even though you've never met in person, for the most part I was on , FurthurFlower you are such a wonderful beatiful person and truly kind, wlewis thank you for coming up and finding me ( braids work!) Alex way to navigatethat huge bus around the city and give jake some love for me. And of course so many others strider, rockinbob, tgmlf I know I am missing some too ( sorry) if any of my new friends ( family) were to need any sort of help I would do anthing I was able to to help them out. Much love to all.

There are still a few members on here who owe me a meeting Sue you are on top of that list!

Also mush man you were right there with us during WRS you were the first one I though of!
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, scar1et_f1re
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#107016 2 years, 8 months ago
Great to see the taking care of one another family vibe continuing on.... The music is the draw but the wonderful people are what make it an experience. Great to hang with you all on the Golden Arrow and to randomly meet others here & there. Look forward to meeting up again in NY - or if you ever find yourselves in Oregon, come and hang out (Oregon Country Fair!).
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, scar1et_f1re
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds