• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
PartPat
Senior Boarder

Re: NO TIME TO HATE

#109842 2 years, 6 months ago
Each opinion here has its valid point. It's just a matter of opinion. Call them what you will or dont, no one is forcing you to buy their "beat rolls", give them your ticket, buy there fake drugs or assoiate at all. There will always be those people who do not respect others space in the show weither it is on purpose or they are oblivious to it.

Bottom line is you cant say we ALL arent a little weird!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GratefulDad420, B-Rad
PartPat
Senior Boarder

#109843 2 years, 6 months ago
GratefulDad420 wrote:
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookiee

Wookiee

"The Wookiees, although primitive compared to us, are surprisingly capable warriors. They're pretty strong, and pick up combat techniques pretty quickly."
―Canderous Ordo[src]

The Wookiees, whose name for themselves translated to the People of the Trees, were a species of hairy bipedal humanoids that were inhabitants of the planet Kashyyyk. One of the most noteworthy members of the species was Chewbacca, Han Solo's best friend and co-pilot, who played a vital role in the Galactic Civil War and afterwards.

And another noteworthy point..... Not a huge Star Wars fan, nothing against it it just never wowed me probably a generational thing, BUT it is amazing to me that it is still this relevant in daily life of people of all walks of life from all generations
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#109845 2 years, 6 months ago
Woo-hoo! Weirdos unite!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#109847 2 years, 6 months ago
Odd bit of synchronicity I wanted to mention. As I was reading and posting to this thread, I had the episode 13 season 3 of South Park playing in the background called Starvin' Marvin, and there are wookiees in it and the song at the end is about wookiee's and mentions Chewbacca, specifically! Pretty funny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , scar1et_f1re, amusingdeva
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#109879 2 years, 6 months ago
GratefulDad420 wrote:
So what is the technical definition of a wookie? Is that someone with dreadlocks and generally unkempt appearance? I have heard the term from people in the more recent years, but haven't ever gotten a specific definition.

I know some people who play around and dose their friends in their group without knowing on occasion, but those guys generally are game for it. I think it's definitely wrong to dose unsuspecting people without them knowing.

Once in awhile, though, when someone is shady, rips someone off, or does something that is considered wrong, some heads have been known to dose them with huge doses, unknowingly, (steal their face, so to speak) to teach them a lesson, rather than beating them up or worse. On occasion it has brought some people around, gotten them to feel bad about past negative actions, or whatever, but I am not sure it always works, or is necessarily the best way to go about trying to teach a lesson. In some cases, I suppose, it's better than physical violence.

The CIA did pretty extensive studies using LSD as a weapon and in warfare situations, in a project called MKUltra, but they finally discovered that LSD is just too unpredictable to get consistent, usable results.

I find it interesting that people are convinced that what they have is L. What if you were mistaken as to what chemical you were soaking them with? If its a designer hallucinogen and they get enough in their body you can permanently hurt them...severely with some drugs. Plus what if you dosed them they couldn't handle their head and hurt themselves.or.someone else?
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#109908 2 years, 6 months ago
Volare,

I made no false logical jump.
Nor did I mention racism.
It would seem that you in fact made a false assumption.

"Love your enemies as yourself"

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". -JC
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#109912 2 years, 6 months ago
PMoondancer wrote:
Using any term that stereotypes and dehumanizes a group of people is Wrong

But I am proud to be a deadhead!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#109915 2 years, 6 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:
PMoondancer wrote:
Using any term that stereotypes and dehumanizes a group of people is Wrong

But I am proud to be a deadhead!

I am proud to be a Deadhead too:)

Clarify how the term deadhead has been used to demean others.

(I have been persecuted as a deadhead, but the term is not in common usage as a demeaning term {as a noun}.)
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by PMoondancer .
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#109925 2 years, 6 months ago
It is all in your (or others) perspective, my friend.
Many people not on this board do see deadhead or hippie as derogatory terms. Maybe wookies LIKE being called wookies -- who am I to say?

Like the subject says -- No Time to Hate.
Peace.
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#109935 2 years, 6 months ago
No time to hate, barely time to wait...

Why don't we take a survey on that, my friend?

So far my interviews with individuals fitting the "wookie" description have related that they do not like the appellation.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds