• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3204
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: NO TIME TO HATE

#109944 2 years, 9 months ago
Shit !!! Case Example :

-I have long hair
-I have a long unkempt beard
-I wear baseball hats
-I love to go INTO shows
-Only like a couple of "jam bands"
-Don't have "Wings"
-Sometimes after travaling for a couple of days I smell a little
-Never saw Jerry play
-Never use the word Brah
-Still don't know what disco biskits are
-Met Trey once in NYC
-Give change to street preformers
-Skip breakfest most days

Does any of this qualify or disqualify me from joining the Wook Star Gang? Or is this all pretty much subjective? Please help
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
volare
Senior Boarder
Posts:501

Re: NO TIME TO HATE

#109945 2 years, 9 months ago
PMoondancer wrote:
Volare,

I made no false logical jump.
Nor did I mention racism.
It would seem that you in fact made a false assumption.

"Love your enemies as yourself"

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". -JC


You lumped a term which is not associated with racism in with a large group of terms which are closely associated with racism, thereby implying that all the terms carried the same weight and message. It is a misleading type of argument.

And I didn't make any assumption at all, you used a long list of ethnic and racial slurs to illustrate your point.
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder
Posts:347

Re: NO TIME TO HATE

#110042 2 years, 9 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:


I find it interesting that people are convinced that what they have is L. What if you were mistaken as to what chemical you were soaking them with? If its a designer hallucinogen and they get enough in their body you can permanently hurt them...severely with some drugs. Plus what if you dosed them they couldn't handle their head and hurt themselves.or.someone else?

Since I was quoted, I'll take this post directed at me. I have never dosed anyone without their knowledge or consent, except for my girlfriend one time, but it was acceptable to her and we ended up having a great night.

The rest of the stuff I mentioned is stuff that has happened on tour and in the scene. I mentioned I don't think it's a great idea, and gave information on how the CIA used it in testing. I know for a fact the LSD I get is LSD, and have had it analyzed before, but I am not the one puddling people unknowingly, so I can't comment for those who do. I happen to be pretty well versed in chemistry and KNOW LSD from many years of experience. I happen to know some pretty awesome people who can have things tested for me, and I know the people I would buy it from.

Perhaps you were just asking the question in general, but I am trying to answer you to the best of my ability. I know plenty of folks who are very involved with LSD, and fortunately I never have to worry about the people who try and pass off some research chemical as acid, but I can't say it is that way for the majority of people. Luckily, it is less likely to happen in the Furthur scene, than the overall jamband scene, but what you mentioned is a problem, and part of the reason I don't ever feel as comfortable at a Phish show, or other jamband show. It's also the reason I would never buy acid from someone I don't know extremely well.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by GratefulDad420.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder
Posts:552

Re: NO TIME TO HATE

#110049 2 years, 9 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
Shit !!! Case Example :

-I have long hair
-I have a long unkempt beard
-I wear baseball hats
-I love to go INTO shows
-Only like a couple of "jam bands"
-Don't have "Wings"
-Sometimes after travaling for a couple of days I smell a little
-Never saw Jerry play
-Never use the word Brah
-Still don't know what disco biskits are
-Met Trey once in NYC
-Give change to street preformers
-Skip breakfest most days

Does any of this qualify or disqualify me from joining the Wook Star Gang? Or is this all pretty much subjective? Please help


the jury is out on your wooki-ness. But skipping the break-fast is a bad idea, IMO....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo, ecojaded, amusingdeva
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6476

Re: NO TIME TO HATE

#110084 2 years, 9 months ago
heres my photo. you decide if i am a wook.



chewy.jpeg
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo, GratefulDad420
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
Posts:586
They Love eachother...

Re: NO TIME TO HATE

#110170 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
heres my photo. you decide if i am a wook.



chewy.jpeg


AND LEAVE IT ON!
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
Posts:699
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

Re: NO TIME TO HATE

#110174 2 years, 9 months ago
Wook and wookie have been affectionate terms in my house and a call on the ski hill. I suppose the inflection and intent of the term is the problem. Perhaps solar showers on the lot? It's always easier to talk about peace and love than implement it. I'm psyched that there is such a great band to rally around. I hope for more old-school freaks to come to the scene, and that the scene clean-up a bit. Again, perhaps the band can facilitate some tickets for a clean-up crew? I'm impressed by folks at the shows then, now, and next. Sure there are some spoilers, you gotta have contrast. The greatest band and the greatest fans. back-slapping all round. Far as dosing another, unsuspected; that is some powerful karma to take on, could go either way.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1432
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: NO TIME TO HATE

#110228 2 years, 9 months ago
GratefulDad420 wrote:
Dire Wolf wrote:


I find it interesting that people are convinced that what they have is L. What if you were mistaken as to what chemical you were soaking them with? If its a designer hallucinogen and they get enough in their body you can permanently hurt them...severely with some drugs. Plus what if you dosed them they couldn't handle their head and hurt themselves.or.someone else?

Since I was quoted, I'll take this post directed at me. I have never dosed anyone without their knowledge or consent, except for my girlfriend one time, but it was acceptable to her and we ended up having a great night.

The rest of the stuff I mentioned is stuff that has happened on tour and in the scene. I mentioned I don't think it's a great idea, and gave information on how the CIA used it in testing. I know for a fact the LSD I get is LSD, and have had it analyzed before, but I am not the one puddling people unknowingly, so I can't comment for those who do. I happen to be pretty well versed in chemistry and KNOW LSD from many years of experience. I happen to know some pretty awesome people who can have things tested for me, and I know the people I would buy it from.

Perhaps you were just asking the question in general, but I am trying to answer you to the best of my ability. I know plenty of folks who are very involved with LSD, and fortunately I never have to worry about the people who try and pass off some research chemical as acid, but I can't say it is that way for the majority of people. Luckily, it is less likely to happen in the Furthur scene, than the overall jamband scene, but what you mentioned is a problem, and part of the reason I don't ever feel as comfortable at a Phish show, or other jamband show. It's also the reason I would never buy acid from someone I don't know extremely well.


I only get what i need from good friends as well (probably the best advice out there) and in the vain of the psychedelic experience are never asked for monetary compensation. It wasn't really directed at you as so much a plea for people to stop spreading the idea that dosing someone without their knowledge because they upset them somehow is not the best response. Sorry! I only quoted you because it was the last thing i saw on the topic and you commented how you felt it was better than physical violence and I just saw how it could possibly turn into to physical violence without you're knowledge. Without accurate foresight any kind of revenge or retribution will get you in trouble. You my friend have a fairly unique situation if what you are saying is true. Access to the equipment needed to accurately identify chemical substances is expensive and not open to the general public and probably not to the people who would have the mentality to do this to someone. Therefore my comments about indiscriminate dosing and chemical potency do not really apply to you.


On totally friendly, personally separate, and inquisitive side note I find it intriguing that when drugs, deadhead, or age topics get brought up in this forum and often at shows it turns into a sort of deadhead pissing contest where people extoll their friends and sources as the 'best' around and they know so and so and this and that and they know what LSD is. Many, many, many people have knowledge of travel, chemistry, friends, know people at universities that have lab equipment, go to shows, graduates with chemistry degrees(yes college is still popular ) as well as the experience of LSD and other hallucinogens. I guess I also wonder why some people seem to jump to the assumption that others are not as 'experienced' as them when there really is no way of knowing til you talk to them or have been there friend/family through it all. Young or old experience of all kind can be found in varying concentrations throughout the full spectrum of a human lifetime. Some old people have experienced so much while others who are young have been through more than some in a lifetime. No offense intended by any of this sorry if the tone is weird...it is the internet and hard for me to sometimes get across what point i am trying to make

Is this just healthy personal pride or actual ignorance to the shared human experience?? I have no idea.....
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Dire Wolf.
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder
Posts:347

Re: NO TIME TO HATE

#110289 2 years, 9 months ago
No offense taken, brother, just trying to make sure you didn't think I was one of these guys who did this sort of thing. Also, nowadays, they actually do sell LSD test kits! You just need a little piece of the blotter or whatever, and you add a drop or two of the solution. If it turns purple it's LSD, and if not, but it still provides some sort of effect, it's likely a research chemical. The test kits are fairly cheap to have peace of mind, as well!

I have helped run internet forums on various similar subjects in the past, and so I have friends who do testing in the Netherlands, and I also know some college age kids in school who can have it done in the US, as well. It really pisses me off that some people are so desperate to make money that they buy one of these untested chemicals, and put it on some blotter, then go around trying to pass it off as acid. It's more of a problem at festivals, and less common on the Dead/Furthur scene, but not unheard of. It can really cause some nasty problems, and even some of these things can be deadly. It's just totally unacceptable!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1432
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: NO TIME TO HATE

#110379 2 years, 9 months ago
are you serious? where the hell can you buy take home litmus tests for LSD? now i am interested to look into that! I always thought it was great that acid was called acid because they used to drop it on litmus paper and you knew you were getting real L because of the blue dots that appeared as a result of the reaction! Sounds like every dose used to come with a purity test!! No blue dot no dice! But when I was in SF we looked for the largest collection of blotter in the world and found out some interesting tidbits of info.!! Here is a neat little article about Mark McCloud and the Institute of Illegal Images :

www.juxtapoz.com/Features/blotter-art-th...te-of-illegal-images
The following user(s) said Thank You: GratefulDad420
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds