• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

NO TIME TO HATE

#106866 2 years, 9 months ago
Copied the below text from "Couple observations from last night" cause I would like to see the scene clean-up a bit. I sure do miss seeing the old guard around at shows. Hey I miss Jerry bout as much as anyone, but if you're alive check Furthur because they are bringing the real deal around and around, for only so long, this time. What do other Deadheads think about helping the scene be better. Are Bobby/ Phil helping the Shakedown scene happen well? Perhaps I should ask an insider, I think there's one here . . .

Happy New Year! 2012. What a ripping show last night. Only Jerry's live presence could have made it better. Not to say JK isn't tearing it up, cause he is bringing the heat. The whole band is tight, in a good way. Wifey and I wondering why there aren't more pictures of Russo? I, like many Deadheads (only title I've excepted, post Garcia's passing) wonder at Mickey and Bills absence. If it's a financial decision, I am appalled. That said, Russo is excellent. I can not say one is better than another. Even JK and Jerry, sure do miss Jerry's voice and playing; if I could never hear him again and he was sitting next to me listening to Furthur that would be better than how it is. However, w/ JK all I can hope is that he plays as much, or more , than Jerry, Loves life, a bit cleaner, and rocks on and on; love that his own sound and arrangements are coming through and hoping Bobby/ Phil can support him in leading the band. Certainly Bobby/ Phil will always garnish due respect; but come-on, lead guitar drives the bus; even though everyone, even me, lead the band sometimes. It is how it is and I am loving it. Listened to a Phish show from a good friend who's never taken them in, then a week ago they came home for him. operationwasabi.com/nospoilers/ph2011-12-28-set1-ns.mp3 Just heard the Decemberists' version of Row Jimmy, excellent. The miracles and life lessons I've received from my years touring, taping, cooking, selling trinkets, and cleaning up, just awesome. Love, Truth, abundant.
Last people in CalExpo lot, cops driving by w/ lights flashing, no sirens, me ripping djembe, girl listening, it was an excellent night, Gloria not the highlight but best version I'd heard. Lone dude crosses the lot to only other car. Shortly there-after my elbow was dripping, it's confirmed, I am home. A few days later at Laguna Seca there's Pepper fixing some dude's car, dash torn apart shoulder deep in helping another go on down the road, couple hours before LSD start time (that's Laguna Seca Days) That's what's missing from the Furthur scene: family. We've received criticism from folks for having our children at the shows . . . I am seriously sorry folks missed the scene "back in the day," but it's simple, LOVE/ TRUTH.
So what's with the hating? Phish rips, you don't like em don't listen, maybe one day you'll like them, maybe not. If I know one thing in this life: keep an open mind, make no decision before it's time. No Time to Hate. Be Here Now.
At the Merch. table inside they hand out little advertisement/ setlist stiffys. It's not my gig, mostly cause if the music is on I'm gigging. I've loved tracking the setlists and often have notes of jams not caught in other lists, but, while I'm writing I'm missing something, sometimes that's OK. Kind of like a camera, a little separated from the experience while I'm trying to frame and capture it, best done for me in moving meditation.
Last night ripped! So looking forward to re-cast in an hour. I love that people are willing to put opinions out, hash it out a bit, contemplate. Nice to have a forum, other than AA/ NA where folks communicate without interruption. Although the Dead shows of yore there were multiplicities of verbal and non that were w/o interruption. I could walk through entire shows, and I'm saying all over, w/o bumping another but lightly, respectfully and with notice, care, and communication. Bringing the vibe to Furthur: remove the Crack, H, Nitrous, X; propensities. Bring back the LOVE/ TRUTH. Quick shout out to John Dwork and hARRY hAHN. LOVE YOU GUYS!
Time Is A Stripper Doing It Just For You. Don't miss it Hating.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tucson John, gabhunter
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

Re: NO TIME TO HATE

#107297 2 years, 9 months ago
"Certainly Bobby/ Phil will always garnish due respect; but come-on, lead guitar drives the bus"

I certainly agree with this statement. Perhaps in time the lead guitar will (or has?) come out of favor as the monster it was back in the dead days, but the dead come from an era of guitar gods. It seems to have lost that "driving the bus" quality today. At least generally speaking I guess.
equixt
Fresh Boarder

#107412 2 years, 9 months ago
no time to hate

all haters go home
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by equixt.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#107467 2 years, 9 months ago
All I want to know is, where does this thread go?
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#107470 2 years, 9 months ago
dude i stopped reading half way through the first post, its llike what dude, i know i iramble on my post, but fukn a atleast if you dont acount for the spelling i make sense.
yes there are assholes at furthur shows.
there where at grateful dead shows(alot in the late 90s, only shows i saw) furthurs a small scene, if someone pisses you off enough invest in a vile and splatterface em into the next lifetime.
seriously, squirt on the back of the neck, mixed with a tiny bit of ben gay to absorb through skin, zoom there goes the asshole.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#107476 2 years, 9 months ago
so you're the guy who walks by dripping everybodys necks
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#107478 2 years, 9 months ago
Hey Joe, were you in monterey in oct?
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#107485 2 years, 9 months ago
no.
andi dont dose people.
but if i was pissed off at someone, id rather dose em, than fight em.
im just a prankster that way.
and im too prettty to get hit in the face.
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#107509 2 years, 9 months ago
Sensie
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#107511 2 years, 9 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
no.
andi dont dose people.
but if i was pissed off at someone, id rather dose em, than fight em.
im just a prankster that way.
and im too prettty to get hit in the face.

there's one in every crowd
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by will work for doses. Reason: incorrect spelling
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds