• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Re: Couple of observations from last night...

#106157 2 years, 6 months ago
I wouldn't hesitate to wear a dead or furthur shirt at a phish show, would you?

I never get the either/or mind set.

Phish killed it last night before Furthur. Listening to that stream (actually a stream of the ppv stream) was like eating a nice Shrimp Cocktail before digging into the Filet Mignon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb, deadontherivet
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#106158 2 years, 6 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
I wouldn't hesitate to wear a dead or furthur shirt at a phish show, would you?

I never get the either/or mind set.

Phish killed it last night before Furthur. Listening to that stream (actually a stream of the ppv stream) was like eating a nice Shrimp Cocktail before digging into the Filet Mignon.
lol i did the same thing!! Probably will again tonight.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#106164 2 years, 6 months ago
franklinstower wrote:
Who actually still writes down a set list on a little note-pad and pen?

When you've been doing it for 30 years and have most of those scribbled on pieces of paper still saved, it's a hard habit to break!

And I'll refrain from making any Phish jokes because it's a holiday.
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#106166 2 years, 6 months ago
I can't stand Phish, and I wore a shirt last night that said, "You can take your Widespread Phish lips and suck the String Cheese out of my Grateful Dead dick!" I find it hilarious and got many compliments on it. I find the Phish fans are a great deal different than Dead Heads, IMHO. I think it matters where you really caught your great first experience. I enjoy other bands, but as for the sense of community, the general over all values, most comfortable vibe, I don't think any other band compares to the Boys and their projects. Maybe it's just me.. I mean, sure, there ARE hippies on both scenes, but when you see the dynamics of the entire groups of people at either scene, Phish and Furthur (or any GD incarnation) are so very different. When you see the age range, the attitudes, the difference in classes, etc, there is much more diversity on the GD scene. If you like trustafarians, frat boys, and wannabe hippies, Phish will provide a party atmosphere like any jam band will, but for a Family event, it has to be GD, IMO, anyways. No offense to Phish fans, it's just been my observation over the years. Needless to say, I'd never pay to see Phish, myself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gr8fullBear
starlite16
Junior Boarder

#106171 2 years, 6 months ago

Someone is actually telling people what to wear at a show? Pathetic. But a swinger thread gripe is judgemental?Wits griping about tmaster is bad--nope.
Get a life. Get some wisdom.
phish shirt--good for them! beiber shirt-good for them.
Consciosness---awesome. Losers: fake heads---not so good.
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#106172 2 years, 6 months ago
Lol no offence taken. I'm primarily a deadhead, but have seen and listen to all those bands. I've been to quite a few phish shows and have had the opportunity to meet many cool Phans. As far as their music goes, I enjoy quite a bit of it, but it doesn't take me to the same place as the dead, but nothing does. Your description of the phish seen takes me back to dead lots of 93-95.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
shellshocked
Junior Boarder

#106230 2 years, 6 months ago
Their show last night was pretty good, waiting on the stream to start for tonight.
shellshocked
Junior Boarder

#106233 2 years, 6 months ago
GratefulDad420 wrote:
If you like trustafarians, frat boys, and wannabe hippies, Phish will provide a party atmosphere like any jam band will, but for a Family event, it has to be GD, IMO, anyways.

I have seen plenty of those types at furthur. Not jumping in on the phish vs dead debate just saying..
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by shellshocked .
theuch24
Junior Boarder

#106623 2 years, 6 months ago
I am a huge deadhead but i've seen phish about 4 times and furthur only 2 times, because with furthur i can't get to many west coast and east coast shows because i live in the midwest and we just started to get some good lovin from furthur, but phish shows and dead shows can be completely different things, i like phish because most of their songs are upbeat and fast tempo but i love the dead more, because it just feels like family. at a phish show it feels like im on a college campus with a really good band playing at a frat house. but i do wear dead shirts to phish shows!
I gotta get down, I gotta get down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#106842 2 years, 6 months ago
I have been to plenty of Phish lots in the 90's, got tickets to see them for free, a few times, which are the times I went in, I also went to IT and Coventry, and I gave my opinion of the lot and the Phish scene. I also posted more of my views about the whole Phish scene in another thread.

I don't care what anyone wears anywhere, and don't think it really matters. Wear whatever you want, but I have been to numerous shows, and where I am comfy is at a Dead related event. The Phish community doesn't have the older crowd really, and so much of the attitudes are different. That is not to say you don't get assholes at Furthur, too, however the vibe is very, very different.

If you wanna sing about annagoddajiboo or whatever it is they're yappin about, that's fine by me, but they just don't have much deep lyrical meaning to me, and you can run around and do the meatstick with the other meat head frat boys if ya want, lol!

BTW, got a Phil wristband tonight!
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by GratefulDad420.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadontherivet
Time to create page: 0.98 seconds