• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
franklinstower
Junior Boarder

Couple of observations from last night...

#106120 2 years, 7 months ago
Having seen about 12 - 15 Furthur shows, they sounded the best I've heard last night (I didn't see 12/29 show)

Who wears a PHISH concert shirt to a Furthur show?
Who actually still writes down a set list on a little note-pad and pen?

I saw these two things last night.

Happy New Year.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Couple of observations from last night...

#106125 2 years, 7 months ago
Please no phish shirts at dead shows! Lol

As far as writing the setlist down I think it's very cool! Talked to a couple people last night doing it. I was so lost in the music during the first set sometimes it could be good to see what song they are jamming in if you forget.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, killwhyT, SunshineSue, mcolleen
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#106127 2 years, 7 months ago
hey franklins, you probably saw me writing down the setlist. does it bother you??? LOL

it's sure nice to have to take a glance at during setbreak or right after the show. not all of us are hooked into a smartphone.

can't t ell you how many space cadets have thanked me for providing that for them, including last night
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue, Bakes, mcolleen
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#106134 2 years, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
hey franklins, you probably saw me writing down the setlist. does it bother you??? LOL

it's sure nice to have to take a glance at during setbreak or right after the show. not all of us are hooked into a smartphone.

can't t ell you how many space cadets have thanked me for providing that for them, including last night

You actually helped me out with your list last night!
The voices tell me what to say
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#106135 2 years, 7 months ago
Lol I've probably rocked a phish shirt at a dead related show. They helped fill a void for me after Jerry passed. It was probably a lot shirt so most people didn't know. They aren't magical to me but some days I can relate. I know for sure I've worn a Dead shirt to a phish show.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#106139 2 years, 7 months ago
I keep the setlist on my phone, but they pass out the flyers to buy the CDs for the nights show, and on the back it has a place for the setlist. I thought that was pretty cool. I hate it when I get out of the show and someone asks me the setlist and I can't remember them all all or in order, so I like to keep track, plus it's fun to see how fast I can get each song, especially with some of the new Furthur songs.
Chester
More or less in line

#106141 2 years, 7 months ago
Yup. I still scribble the setlist on any piece of paper I find. I'm proud of my collection of scribbled scraps of paper,
or old ticket stubs with the setlist on the back. Kinda hard to read, you have to understand, I was writing while
dancing, and other stuff.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb, SunshineSue, deadontherivet, mcolleen, will work for doses
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#106142 2 years, 7 months ago
franklinstower wrote:
Having seen about 12 - 15 Furthur shows, they sounded the best I've heard last night (I didn't see 12/29 show)

Who wears a PHISH concert shirt to a Furthur show?
Who actually still writes down a set list on a little note-pad and pen?

I saw these two things last night.

Happy New Year.

Like the song says:

It doesn't matter what you wear
just as long as you are there

Which is more than I can say for myself because I was not there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delilajones, bokb, Terrapin Sedation, deadontherivet
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#106143 2 years, 7 months ago
I've been wanting to start doing this for reasons mentioned above and then also so I can write down which songs are > each other when I'm at the show --- since I don't always agree with what I see posted afterwards weather a song went into the next one or not
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#106146 2 years, 7 months ago
The Phish shirt wouldn't bother me. Phish fans are pretty similar to deadheads. Im not into Phish but I can respect their fans because the way they talk about the music and respect each other and the musicians is just like deadheads.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delilajones, deadontherivet
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds