• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

AllGood vs. Bethel

#10575 3 years, 6 months ago
hmmmm... tough decision and I need to make it by monday for the internet pre-sale.
what are yall doing? and why?
4 day pass to allgood is $189 before fees and reserved seating at bethel is $64.50
allgood has a great lineup this year, but I feel like furthur's festival sets are always mediocre and I want to catch them at their best.
bethel sounds like it will be magical, but also a lot more gas money, I just don't know what to do...

help me furthur fans!
joeyf_kms
Junior Boarder

Re: AllGood vs. Bethel

#10588 3 years, 6 months ago
All Good, and look at Furthur's festival set last year, far from mediocer
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#10615 3 years, 6 months ago
for me the cost would be close either way.
250 bucks or so , big money ticket and little gas or big money on gas and little ticket.
at all good you get 3 days of music but bethel is magical i hear.
tough choice
why can't i be rich and do both ?
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#10655 3 years, 6 months ago
Remember that Furthur's set last year on the summer tour was widely regarded as one of more weak ones. It left a lot of people disasifried. Now, with that in mind, I'd be guessing that they are going to realyl try and tear it the fuck up this year, to relaly show people whats up. And I've been to ALl good before. It's an amazing environment. Gotta watch out, some sketchy folks, but not bad. I had a blast the two times I was there.

But, in the end, my crew and I are going to make the trip to Bethel instead. I've never been to bethel, or seen the site fo woodstock. I got people that arent even Heads taht wanna come, so I'm excited to share our beautiful scene with more friends. I can't wait.

So, yea... either way, you probably can't go wrong. Just depends whether you wanna put up with a 3 day festival (and, btw, if your doing All Good, you gotta get there early bird Thurs to get a good camp site), or a single Furthur show in a historic venue.....
freshwater dan
Junior Boarder

#10656 3 years, 6 months ago
I'll be going to All Good, Saratoga, then Vibes. I still need to figure out transportation.
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#10792 3 years, 6 months ago
does anyone else have this dilemma?
at this point im leaning towards allgood, but I don't know
Bethel sounds to good to miss.
skifurthur
Junior Boarder
Capturing the passion of performance

#10822 3 years, 6 months ago
Never been to AllGood but Bethel is the nicest shed I have ever been at and was acoustically designed by the same people who did the sound design work for Carnegie Hall and it shows.
brightday
Junior Boarder

#10844 3 years, 6 months ago
For me it's the opposite, distance wise I'm a lot closer to Bethel than WV. But hypothetically, being in your situation I would probably choose Bethel anyway.

I was there once (Phil 2006); it's a beautiful setting & a really nice venue. I had bought tickets for inside the shed, something like the fifth row or so, but it was so nice outside, we ended up hanging out at the top of the lawn area. I'm not a fan of the large festivals - too crazy for me, and I don't care about most of the other bands. Just wanna hear my boys. No AllGood for me. I may slide into GOTV on a day pass or something, but honestly, with all the other shows that are going to be in my area, I will probably just skip the festival.

If it makes any difference, I'm not really a scene person . . . it's 99.9999% about the music for me. I might wander past the vendors if I have time, but more commonly I don't have time & that's fine. So the big festivals really don't hold much appeal for me. Too many people, too much going on that isn't music.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds