• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

DSO 12.29

#105537 2 years, 7 months ago
Saw DSO at the Electric Factory in Philly last night. What a blast. Five hour show recreating 9.27.80 Warfield.

Started with acoustic and then two sets electric. Man were they on. Crowd was too! It had been awhile since I'd seen them. The energy was fantastic.

What a great time of year it is....the air is electric with jamband music every night everywhere. I had to get my taste of live. Now I can sit on the couch guilt free......

I'm at work now, but am clicking into Phish stream. Hopefully I willl have energy for Furthur later.

Warfield Theater, San Francisco, CA (9/27/80)

Dire Wolf
The Race is On
Jack-a-Roe
Monkey and the Engineer
It Must Have Been the Roses
Dark Hollow
Bird Song
To Lay Me Down
On the Road Again
Oh Babe it Ain't No Lie
Ripple

Mississippi Half-Step
Franklin's Tower
Mama Tried
Mexicali Blues
Row Jimmy
Little Red Rooster
Althea
Let it Grow
Deal

Cold Rain and Snow
C.C. Rider
Ramble on Rose
He's Gone
The Other One
drums
Stella Blue
I Need a Miracle
Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad
Johnny B. Goode

One More Saturday Night
nwnjsteve
Junior Boarder

Re: DSO 12.29

#108665 2 years, 7 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
Saw DSO at the Electric Factory in Philly last night. What a blast. Five hour show recreating 9.27.80 Warfield.

Started with acoustic and then two sets electric. Man were they on. Crowd was too! It had been awhile since I'd seen them. The energy was fantastic.

What a great time of year it is....the air is electric with jamband music every night everywhere. I had to get my taste of live. Now I can sit on the couch guilt free......

I'm at work now, but am clicking into Phish stream. Hopefully I willl have energy for Furthur later.

Warfield Theater, San Francisco, CA (9/27/80)

Dire Wolf
The Race is On
Jack-a-Roe
Monkey and the Engineer
It Must Have Been the Roses
Dark Hollow
Bird Song
To Lay Me Down
On the Road Again
Oh Babe it Ain't No Lie
Ripple

Mississippi Half-Step
Franklin's Tower
Mama Tried
Mexicali Blues
Row Jimmy
Little Red Rooster
Althea
Let it Grow
Deal

Cold Rain and Snow
C.C. Rider
Ramble on Rose
He's Gone
The Other One
drums
Stella Blue
I Need a Miracle
Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad
Johnny B. Goode

One More Saturday Night
nwnjsteve
Junior Boarder

#108667 2 years, 7 months ago
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder

#108704 2 years, 7 months ago
nwnjSteve....high five, low five, soul shake, power ranger, thumb wrestle, tickle, fist bump.....niiiiiiiiice homey.

holy crap, you got the LIG Deal on here, I was expecting OMSN
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#108734 2 years, 7 months ago
Yeah they are always awesome. I see them 4-5 times a year. 3 nights usually at Gratefulfest. They are here next month.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#108798 2 years, 7 months ago
i was at the 28th, 30th, and 31st...the NYE show really rocked a set from 60's, 70's, and 80's....gotta love DSO relatively cheap tickets at relatively small venues and they tour non stop and always bring it
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#108851 2 years, 7 months ago
doin_that_rag wrote:
i was at the 28th, 30th, and 31st...the NYE show really rocked a set from 60's, 70's, and 80's....gotta love DSO relatively cheap tickets at relatively small venues and they tour non stop and always bring it

I only saw DSO with John K once and I think they must have had an off night. I did see Jeff Matson countless times when he was in the Zen Tricksters and Volunteers.

I'm curious how you like DSO with their current line up as compared to their original line up.
These are the good old days!!
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#108950 2 years, 7 months ago
BillyDeLion wrote:
doin_that_rag wrote:

I only saw DSO with John K once and I think they must have had an off night. I did see Jeff Matson countless times when he was in the Zen Tricksters and Volunteers.

I'm curious how you like DSO with their current line up as compared to their original line up.

I saw them with JK once and I've seen them with Mattson 12 or 13 times, I love their current lineup and I think they sound better now than they did, that being said as far as guitarists go I prefer JK but in terms of DSO Mattson and Barracco have unbelievable chemistry from their days with the Tricksters and I think the overall chemistry of the band these days provides for top notch performances
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder

#108960 2 years, 7 months ago
No drop off with Mattson. If anything, he brings more energy in his playing. He likes to go for the crescendos, and the interplay between him and Eaton was more than I remember with JK.
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#108985 2 years, 7 months ago
Thanks for the feedback.

I'd like to see them sometime. I just watched the 1/2 step-->Franklin's video.... good stuff. The acoustic set must have been nice!
These are the good old days!!
Time to create page: 0.68 seconds