• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: FurthurFlower is in San Fran!

#106977 2 years, 8 months ago
I am so glad I got to visit Pigpen and pay my respect to him. It was quite an emotional experince. It took me forever to find the plot. But some how some way I was lead in the right direction. Just the feeling of being there was worth this whole trip. Pigpen is my man. My favorite! We lost him too soon to such a bad addiction. After I calmed down a bit I played Easy Wind from 8-30-69 and danced for him and I left my pink flowers I wore in my hair at the show last night. Told him how much I loved him and hope he is glad with where the music went. It was such a great way yo end my trip. While I was there I just reflected on my trip and the whole reason I came to San Francisco because of the Dead. And being there just gave me this feeling that I was right where I belong. I hope to come back and visit him some more. He needs some Good Lovin!

Everyone I met this trip from the board is wonderful. Some way some how I feel we were all together in another life time. As soon as I met everyone there was just this sense of already knowing each other. The music has brought us all together for a reason. And someday soon we will all be together in this beautiful world of music, love, and peaceful energy! I can't wait to see you all again! And to the ones I've missed we will be together soon!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer , Tmglf2, Terrapin Sedation, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue, tumbleweed
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#106991 2 years, 8 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
I am so glad I got to visit Pigpen and pay my respect to him. It was quite an emotional experince. It took me forever to find the plot. But some how some way I was lead in the right direction. Just the feeling of being there was worth this whole trip. Pigpen is my man. My favorite! We lost him too soon to such a bad addiction. After I calmed down a bit I played Easy Wind from 8-30-69 and danced for him and I left my pink flowers I wore in my hair at the show last night. Told him how much I loved him and hope he is glad with where the music went. It was such a great way yo end my trip. While I was there I just reflected on my trip and the whole reason I came to San Francisco because of the Dead. And being there just gave me this feeling that I was right where I belong. I hope to come back and visit him some more. He needs some Good Lovin!

Everyone I met this trip from the board is wonderful. Some way some how I feel we were all together in another life time. As soon as I met everyone there was just this sense of already knowing each other. The music has brought us all together for a reason. And someday soon we will all be together in this beautiful world of music, love, and peaceful energy! I can't wait to see you all again! And to the ones I've missed we will be together soon!

That gave me chills. Pigpen was the man. He was different from the rest of band but yet so much the same. I feel that is how this community is. I bet he loved you dancing for him. What a great way to end your journey.
GOOD LOVE
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
mok
Junior Boarder

#107002 2 years, 8 months ago
Nice. Pigpen was strongly on the mind when they played "Next Time You See Me" on NYE. I definitely felt his spirit in the music.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#107094 2 years, 8 months ago
mok wrote:
Nice. Pigpen was strongly on the mind when they played "Next Time You See Me" on NYE. I definitely felt his spirit in the music.

He sure was there during the show!

Love and miss you Pigpen. You are forever!

One more flight and im back home. San Francisco sure felt like a wonderful home the past few days. Not ready for reality!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#107095 2 years, 8 months ago
Thank you for showing PigPen due respect. One of a kind front man. He had a voice with a strong bluesy character and had a way to connect with crowd during his raps. He even left us with words to live by: "take yo hands outcho pockets!"
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#107139 2 years, 8 months ago
Everyone has their different way of how they were drawn to the Dead, but for me it was Pigpen. I liked the dead and stuff but when I first heard closing of the Fillmore and his soulful voice just made the music come to life for me. Then I started to venture on the other eras of the Dead. RockinBob I think was the one that said this weekend, The Dead needed Pigpen. He taught them the blues and without that they wouldn't have been able to take the music to the level it went to. Which I believe is totally true and I'm glad he made me realize that. There are a few people out there who don't care too much for him. But he will always be in my heart!

San Francisco was awesome! Thanks to everyone for taking a look at my journey! I will probably upload most of my pictures to the community side. If you aren't already my friend add me if you would like to see them. I believe they are set for friends only.

And to Chuck, I would have loved to check out that sunset place you were talking about. That sounded awesome. But by the time I was done with Pigpen it was getting dark. I wish you could have been there with us! We missed you!

And we missed everyone else who wasn't there that we thought about!

Edit: o yea I do believe Pigpen wants Bobby to step it up on the raps! He wasn't happy to see the two songs he put most his heart into on Friday night have pretty much the same rap. Lovelight and caution. Or maybe it was me who thought that. "all you need" bobby is to pre think some awesome soulful speech put it on the prompter and preach it to us!
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by FurthurFlower67.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, scar1et_f1re
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#107148 2 years, 8 months ago
Thanks so much for all the great reports and pictures, Em!! It really helped set the atmosphere for couch tour and made me feel like I was there. I'm so glad it was such an incredible, special trip!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
Time to create page: 0.64 seconds