• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

Beacon seating question

#104552 2 years, 7 months ago
For those in the know....
What row in the Orchestra section marks the beginning of where the loge/balcony is overhead?
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Beacon seating question

#104567 2 years, 7 months ago
I'm sorry, but I keep reading bacon in the thread title. And now I want bacon.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, nycdave
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#104576 2 years, 7 months ago
I think I remember reading that the anything past row o is under the balcony. sucks for me since I am in row w. in the door at least, and I also read that they made some improvements to sound in that area. anyone been to a show there recently who could shed light?
Right now, I can't read too well...
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#104583 2 years, 7 months ago
Chester wrote:
I'm sorry, but I keep reading bacon in the thread title. And now I want bacon.

Will trade bacon for your beacon....
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by amusingdeva.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#104596 2 years, 7 months ago
There is a bit of a muffled sound in the back of the orchestra, which is under the lodge. It's not too bad. In the old days, they used to stick the tapers section in the back of the orchestra, which did not help. The best place to tape from, is to place the speakers in the first row of the lodge, or even to hang the microphones over the lodge. As to whether this is doable depends on the event and how cool security is about inforcing rules. When Phil used to play the Beacon, you would see about eight or ten machines pluged into mikes that were in the front of the lodge. Nobodies view was blocked, so it was all good. Keep in mind that the Beacon is a relatively small theater, which means that for the most part the sound is better than a hockey rink. Like any other place, where you are located does make a difference, especially if you are an audiofile.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#104606 2 years, 7 months ago
I only have orchestra for 1 night and its row x. I have 4 nights in the loge and 1 in the "LBalc" .... is the loge above or below the balcony?
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#104621 2 years, 7 months ago
The lodge is below the balcony, and IMHO is the best place to see the shows in the house. You have a perfect view of the stage, the sound is clear, and the 'scene' is much mellower then downstairs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan, amusingdeva
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#104625 2 years, 7 months ago
dead_in_ky wrote:
I think I remember reading that the anything past row o is under the balcony. sucks for me since I am in row w. in the door at least, and I also read that they made some improvements to sound in that area. anyone been to a show there recently who could shed light?

I was at one of the Allmans' shows in March, all the way over to one side and almost all the way in the back. The sound was actually pretty clear, there's just a slight disconnect. One thing that's interesting is if you go to the Beacon's official web site, the detailed seating chart shows that the soundboard is placed mostly under the balcony, so the sound can't be that bad.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Equinox.
SamL67
Junior Boarder

#104701 2 years, 7 months ago
I think the sound is improved since the renovations. Sat in the upper balcony, dead center, 2nd row for the Allmans benefit, and in row W of the orchestra, dead center--about 5 rows in back of the soundboard for Hot Tuna--and no complaints.
Friend of mine sat in the back of the loge for Hot Tuna and was surprised at how good the sound was.
I think the only places to avoid if possible are the far sides and the last 5 rows of the balcony.

Sam L.
skyties
Junior Boarder

#104708 2 years, 7 months ago
To answer the question, that would be row L anything past that and you lose the crispness of sound due to the low ceiling.
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds