• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Bruce Hornsby Yah or Nay ?

#10411 3 years, 6 months ago
I just got done watching a bunch of you tubes of the Other Ones.
All the Bobby Bashers are always screaming about Weirs Vocals.
Bobby needs Hornsby to harmonize with, their Voices blend very well.
I think Hornsby would fit in real well with Furthur and he's one of the best musicians they've ever shared a stage with.

What do all of you think about Bruce ?
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Bruce Hornsby Yah or Nay ?

#10414 3 years, 6 months ago
I love Bruce, and really respect the work he did with the GD after Brent passed. But I also love Jeff,
and wouldn't want to see him replaced. However, a sit in would be fantastic.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
mrh
Junior Boarder

#10416 3 years, 6 months ago
Bruce is terrific. I try to see him anytime he's in my general area. He's great both solo and with his band. Always a lot of fun. Very relaxed, great songs, GREAT improvisation.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#10417 3 years, 6 months ago
Bruce is a great player and bandleader. I give him alot of credit for lighting a flame under Garcia.

A Night on the Town is a great, great music video with Hornsby and a bunch of guests playing live in a studio that is worthy of investigation. There's a version of Barren Ground sung by Bruce and Shawn Colvin that Jerry just rips on, I get goosebumps just typing this.

His onstage persona is so natural and relaxed. I have a live show where he takes a request out of the glass jar and says: "This request says it's from my #1 fan and he or she says they would me and The Range to play That's the Way it is...Well, #1 fan, the Range hasn't played with me in 7 years but I still know the song. So here, it is.....for my #1 fan!"
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by sjfgreenman.
shakedownst
Junior Boarder

#10418 3 years, 6 months ago
I think Bruce is incredibly talented. He's a bit cheesy in many ways (one has to pay the bills!), but in terms of raw talent, he's phenomenal. A giant physically and musically.
DaddyDead
Junior Boarder

#10419 3 years, 6 months ago
YAH.... I saw Bruce with the Grateful Dead a few times back in the 90's. Personally, thought better than Welnick.... The guy jams... he'd be a great addition to the current line up!
Chester
More or less in line

#10422 3 years, 6 months ago
He was way better than Vince, and a great addition to the line up then.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#10432 3 years, 6 months ago
I love bruce. That's a big YAY!
The voices tell me what to say
Promontory Rider
Fresh Boarder

#10478 3 years, 6 months ago
I also think Hornsby is awesome and his vocals do blend nicely with Weirs but I don't think adding him to Furthur would be a good idea. Furthur is on fire and they get better with each passing show so adding Hornsby is not necessary but like others have said a sit in here or there would be sweet.
gratefulpanda
Junior Boarder

#10480 3 years, 6 months ago
I like Bruce, feel he's talented, and have a ton of respect for him. But I wouldn't change a thing with the current lineup right now. Besides Bobby, Phil and John, everyone else is the perfect role player to me. Adding a much needed aspect and rounding out the music as a whole. Plus, I never really cared for Bruce's sometimes cheesy renditions of the Jerry parts. I'm more than happy with John taking the Jerry parts.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds