• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Great 1985 Show

#103853 2 years, 3 months ago
www.archive.org/details/gd1985-03-28.nak...del.78436.sbeok.shnf

I am personally not a fan of nassau. History of many many overzealous law enforcement. Thought this show was the best of the 3 i saw there in 85
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

Re: Great 1985 Show

#103869 2 years, 3 months ago
Chester
More or less in line

#103878 2 years, 3 months ago
With a Matt Kelly sit in too. Very cool.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#103881 2 years, 3 months ago
GreaT El Paso > Peggyo !!! nice black peter also !

I saw phish at Nassau once. They played the song Fluffhead. I slept in my van that night and parked near the venue in a residential area. I woke up the next morning and there was an older woman walking her very large all white dog in her yard. I said good morning and she to me a good morning !! I couldnt help but smile and tell her what a nice dog she had. I dont remember if the dog was a boy or a girl but I do remember her telling me the dogs name...its name was "Fluffy". It was seriously like straight out of a dream. I could still hear echoes of the show in my head as she told me the pups name. Fluffy was beautiful and more than friendly.
Fluff went to a banker asking for some bills.....
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by iraqistatefair.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#103894 2 years, 3 months ago
i know i was at one of them cant recall which one your honor
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#103916 2 years, 3 months ago
Newyawker, I would concur with you on this show. I received tapes of the entire Nassau run from '85, and this was the best, IMHO. In order to refresh my memory, but checked the set lists for each show and see the third night they opened 2nd set with Terrapin. Just as they opened the show you referenced with Truckin', a sign of things to come as the band really started changing things in the lineup.

I'd only been to Nassau once, in '84, and had the pleasant experience to be on the floor the 2nd night where we all made big piles of our folding chairs to give ourselves more room to boogie. Good times!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#103969 2 years, 3 months ago
newyawker wrote:
www.archive.org/details/gd1985-03-28.nak...del.78436.sbeok.shnf

I am personally not a fan of nassau. History of many many overzealous law enforcement. Thought this show was the best of the 3 i saw there in 85

I'm pretty sure this was the one show I got in for free (when a miracle door popped open). I am not too proud of it, but hey, I got to see a great show and it was the only "free-be" I ever got.

Yes, when they patrol the lot on horseback they are usually not messing around. Cops have been known to be unkind there (but not as bad as Giant Stadium imo).
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Time to create page: 1.81 seconds