• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Happy Boxing Day!

#103625 2 years, 8 months ago
I never can remember what Boxing Day is, but it's always listed on my calendars on December 26th. And since it's there, I'm going to celebrate it by doing nothing but spending all day grazing on Xmas leftovers and watching movies. I'll try to find something filmed in England, to be holiday appropriate. Happy Boxing Day, all!!

In case any of you also forget what this day is about:

Boxing Day is traditionally a day following Christmas when wealthy people and homeowners in the United Kingdom would give a box containing a gift to their servants. It is observed in Great Britain, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and some other Commonwealth nations. In the UK, it was a custom for tradesmen to collect "Christmas boxes" of money or presents on the first weekday after Christmas as thanks for good service throughout the year. This is mentioned in Samuel Pepys' diary entry for 19 December 1663; This custom is linked to an older English tradition: in exchange for ensuring that wealthy landowners' Christmases ran smoothly, their servants were allowed to take the 26th off to visit their families. The employers gave each servant a box containing gifts and bonuses (and sometimes leftover food).
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

Re: Happy Boxing Day!

#103629 2 years, 8 months ago
Happy Boxing Day to you also, and everyone everywhere. I just whipped up some vittles for the day. Baked faux chicken and stuffing, squash and cranberries. Made a batch of egg nog and will keep celebrating Christmas on Boxing day. Brilliant!
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#103630 2 years, 8 months ago
It's a great day to watch English Premier League.
Bili
Junior Boarder
Burn Baby Burn

#103631 2 years, 8 months ago
882 more to go...i mean 892 more to go. sorry dude
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Bili.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#103644 2 years, 8 months ago
Much LOVE on Boxing Day to you Sue! I hope your Christmas was awesome full of smiles and GREAT TIMES! CANT WAIT to have you and Mr. Dave over for a REAL GGOD TIME! Prolly be another month or so until we are READY!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR my kind awesome friend!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#103652 2 years, 8 months ago
rockinbob wrote:
Much LOVE on Boxing Day to you Sue! I hope your Christmas was awesome full of smiles and GREAT TIMES! CANT WAIT to have you and Mr. Dave over for a REAL GGOD TIME! Prolly be another month or so until we are READY!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR my kind awesome friend!

You too, Bob, I hope it was a warm and wonderful Christmas!! Good luck with all the unpacking and settling in, take your time with it all, and make sure you're still taking good care of yourself and getting some time to kick back! So nice having you in my neck of the woods now!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob, will work for doses
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds