• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

Re: a confession, wrought with guilt

#103604 2 years, 7 months ago
Well bummer. Oh God, another story from this guy (like he thinks he's that interesting or something)

Me and my roommate at the time hitchhiked from Michigan to Utah. We got there the night before and it was quite a party.
The next day we saw what the surrounding scenery looked like......pretty darn spectacular. The show itself was nothing to write home about I'm afraid, but then a bad Dead show is better than a good day at work so I'm not bitchin' The one highlight was this Sunday show preceded Labor Day, and they did One More Saturday Night but altered it to One More Labor Day night. Oh that Bobby, he was a prankster alright.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#103607 2 years, 7 months ago
you're right about the labor day night. give it another listen

www.archive.org/details/gd1983-09-04.sbd....35214.reflac.flac16
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
will work for doses
Senior Boarder

#103608 2 years, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i wasn't. i really don't know how i know but i've seen the picture. that banner says "utah dead or something". it must have been alex (roadtripper) he was there he was touring during that time he must have showed me a picture and i kept telling him the background was so perfect with the mountains it looked fake. like they were standing in front of a banner it was that intense

edit: i may also add it's one of my favorite shows. it's the first GD show i ever played my bass the entire way through.

Hey man, sorry you weren't at this show. I think it was the first day time show I ever attended and the sound was kind of odd, maybe because it was all open air. It wasn't a bad show, but to me at the time it just wasn't that great. To each their own. In contrast the next show on the tour was 9/6/83 at Red Rocks and that show was SMOKIN HOT.
will work for doses
Senior Boarder

#103609 2 years, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
you're right about the labor day night. give it another listen

www.archive.org/details/gd1983-09-04.sbd....35214.reflac.flac16

Dude, I just started listening to it, half way through Bertha when I read your post.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#103613 2 years, 7 months ago
Hey, any ex-Michigander is great to have here, you'd better stick around! And if you really want to hit platinum, not that it means a darn thing, just keep playing the word/lyric games. Besides, they're fun!!
will work for doses
Senior Boarder

#103619 2 years, 7 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Hey, any ex-Michigander is great to have here, you'd better stick around! And if you really want to hit platinum, not that it means a darn thing, just keep playing the word/lyric games. Besides, they're fun!!

Sue, you better believe it. I can think of states that would be more difficult to live in and be fans of this band we love so much in terms of not being quite as accessible. I feel for the North Dakota Dead heads, or Montana Dead heads, or Alaska, Manitoba, Australian, etc. But the Dead sure did not play in Michigan all that much. Therefore I have a kindred kinship with those of you in the Great Lakes state.

And you're right, not that it matters. It was actually a joke about trying to up my status. That will come in time because there sure are some righteous people hanging out on this site and I'm digging the exchanges.

Hey, looks like you got your Christmas wish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds