• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
sugarmagnolia1982
Junior Boarder

Re: Furthur Shows by State

#10560 3 years, 6 months ago
NO THERE A SAN FRANCISCO BAND THE WEST IS THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#10612 3 years, 6 months ago
Equinox wrote:
Deadhead4Obama wrote:
Wow! Didnt see they've played taht much in PA! Makes me mad I havent seen as many shows then!!! WTF???

I'm not that surprised. Because of all the area colleges, Philly's always been a hotbed of Dead activity. My college felt like Deadhead Central in the 70s. What I find a little poignant about the summer tour is that all the venues are pretty large which means that some PA sweet spots like Penn's Peak and the Sherman probably won't see any more Furthur shows.

I love going to furthur shows. But I have to admit I miss going to see Ratdog at penns peak. Such a cool spot.
cleverhair
Fresh Boarder

#10684 3 years, 6 months ago
I wish there were more Ohio shows.
StaggerLee13
Junior Boarder

#10702 3 years, 6 months ago
Thanks for the List....Just Sayin: The Boys Obviously Play Where they get the most love Right??? Wouldn't YOU!!! Its all about the fans...

Example: I live in upstate New York. I saw Barton Halll, Radio city Music Hall 2010', Coney Island, Rochester....and a couple more in 2010...Then in August of 2010 I made my way to California to live with Gramma.. I saw Santa Barbara, Greek Theatre, And Las Vegas... Then Went to NYE both nights...In My Opinion: High Energy From The Crowd In 9/10 shows in New York. Maybe even all 10 but I was in another state of mind for at least a couple..anyway..in Santa Barbara, definatley not as high of energy, Greek theatre was a little better.. Not as high of Energy.(for example: in Rochester NY, when the song Feelin Alright came on, the crowd was into it. throwing their arms up when they sung the Feelin Alright! part, But in Santa Barbara, I want to say 20 people, including me, threw their hands up.. Not A Lot of Energy..Now Same Feeling at the greek theatre. But Las Vegas Was A Fu$#ing Party!! Vegas was if not theee, one of the best for sure... Then NYE was definatley pretty damn good!!

So, 3/5 or 10/10 high energy shows, Where would you want to play?????
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreatestStoryEverTold
ratdogfreak
Junior Boarder

#10704 3 years, 6 months ago
^^Good points. West coast shows are usually definately a little more mellow compared to the n.e., but it has been that way as long as i can remember. two different feelings two different crowds, almost two different worlds completely.
"a short while back the door flung wide
we all saw good luck on the other side
the door blew shut but here's the deal
dreams are lies, it's the dreaming that's real"
johnnyhub
Junior Boarder

#10714 3 years, 6 months ago
Cornjulio wrote:
ratdogfreak wrote:
i don't know. ratdog was a band for 15 years and played 16 shows in washington state. furthur is a band that has been playing for 2.5 and been here once.

There's no problem with Washington, there's just nowhere to go from there that's fiscally responsible with the price of Diesel.

Just ask Vermont.

Ahhhhhh - Portland, Colimbia, Spokane, Eugene, Salem, Missoula, Boise, Salt Lake City, Wyoming, etc, etc, etc.. The Dead did it in 2004. They strung together a great NW tour:
Phoenix, Chula Vista, Irvine, Shoreline, Marysville, Salt Lake City, Boise, Portland, The Gorge(Wa.)

Why can't they do that again!?!?!?!
au516
Fresh Boarder

#10760 3 years, 6 months ago
Sadly there has been no TX shows and none appear on the horizon. I guess it's all about the $ and no stress travel....they have earn it so I'm not bitter just disappointed. Last year I flew to Rochester to catch a show but cannot afford that time and expense every year.
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#10782 3 years, 6 months ago
johnnyhub wrote:
Cornjulio wrote:
ratdogfreak wrote:
i don't know. ratdog was a band for 15 years and played 16 shows in washington state. furthur is a band that has been playing for 2.5 and been here once.

There's no problem with Washington, there's just nowhere to go from there that's fiscally responsible with the price of Diesel.

Just ask Vermont.

Ahhhhhh - Portland, Colimbia, Spokane, Eugene, Salem, Missoula, Boise, Salt Lake City, Wyoming, etc, etc, etc.. The Dead did it in 2004. They strung together a great NW tour:
Phoenix, Chula Vista, Irvine, Shoreline, Marysville, Salt Lake City, Boise, Portland, The Gorge(Wa.)

Why can't they do that again!?!?!?!

Anyone know what the average price of gas was seven years ago? I'm sure there are a lot of factors that work towards that tour not happening again for Furthur.
johnnyhub
Junior Boarder

#11314 3 years, 6 months ago
Anyone know what the average price of gas was seven years ago? I'm sure there are a lot of factors that work towards that tour not happening again for Furthur.[/quote]

Anyone know what the average ticket/t-shirt price was in 2004??? Price for a beer???

Everything has gone up... Price of gas is not an excuse... Just raise ticket prices! ..and they have!
johnnyhub
Junior Boarder

#11335 3 years, 6 months ago
By the way..

NYC > Boca Raton is 1300 miles

...and tour they just did

Los Angeles > Seattle is 1000 miles

...why is the argument against this possibility gas prices!?!?!? They just did a 1300 mile tour down the east coast

They could tour the entire west coast in 300 less miles........

Hello??!
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds