• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

a white christmas?

#102876 2 years, 9 months ago
looks like for the first time in 24 years in buffalo NY we will not have a white christmas. it was 55 degrees last week. it's cold now, in the 20's. but it's messed up. used to start snowing here before halloween
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: a white christmas?

#102879 2 years, 9 months ago
ya we've got about 1/2 inch on the ground that most likely we'll lose today, it's the 1st time since I lived in CA that I won't have a white Christmas.
The voices tell me what to say
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#102883 2 years, 9 months ago
you live up in a nice area lacrosse right? i love wisconsin alpine valley, cheese, the landscapes, easy interstate

one thing though is man the fog can get soooo outrageously brutal on the interstate 90 in WI and MN...75 mph zero visibility. sure as hell made it to badlands by sunrise but the grip was worn out on the the steering wheel and staysgruvin in the passenger seats hair was standing straight up
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
JOE DANGLE
Junior Boarder

#102885 2 years, 9 months ago
Dusting 1/2 hr south of Cleveland.........Good health and happiness in the new year to all .
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#102895 2 years, 9 months ago
We got pounded with snow the other day here in CO. So that's cool but it also has been brutally cold and you know it's cold when my 12 pack of beer froze in the garage last night
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#102896 2 years, 9 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
We got pounded with snow the other day here in CO. So that's cool but it also has been brutally cold and you know it's cold when my 12 pack of beer froze in the garage last night

mmmm beer slushies, when that happens to me I get a can opener and pour the slushy into a glass and eat/drink it...it works!
The voices tell me what to say
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#102943 2 years, 9 months ago
funky420 wrote:
ya we've got about 1/2 inch on the ground that most likely we'll lose today, it's the 1st time since I lived in CA that I won't have a white Christmas.

La Crosse, some of you may or may not know is "God's Country"

Why you ask? Well, because it is the former home of G Heilman brewing company, who brewed Old Style beer.
In their ads in the 70's/80's the narrator of the commercial would mention how Old Style is brewed in God's country, using a process called krauesening
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#102954 2 years, 9 months ago
We got a little bit last night, so it was nice to wake up to a White Christmas. It's pretty much all gone now, though, and we're not supposed to get any for tomorrow. Oh well, it'll be a pretty day for a post-Christmas day brunch walk in the sun!
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#102957 2 years, 9 months ago
Living in the Chicagoland and absolutely no snow....huge bummer im thinking its going to snow late into the year like possibly even April.. imagine that
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#102960 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
looks like for the first time in 24 years in buffalo NY we will not have a white christmas. it was 55 degrees last week. it's cold now, in the 20's. but it's messed up. used to start snowing here before halloween

Even Terry Bradshaw just jokingly complained during the half time show about there being no snow at the Buffalo game!
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds