#102523 2 years, 9 months ago
"Heaven Help the Fool"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, skidoo, DangerousDan
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Over-Dosed: A Bad, Bad Day

#102529 2 years, 9 months ago
Equinox and Island Head, I hope you'll know it's with great affection that I say your stories, though I'm sorry for your traumas, made me laugh out loud!!
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#102530 2 years, 9 months ago
Well, I guess that's what they mean by the cosmic goof.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: DangerousDan
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#102535 2 years, 9 months ago
I am having flashbacks just reading these stories.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#102536 2 years, 9 months ago
teafortexas wrote:
Jerry Garcia Band
Saturday, Aug 26, 1989
Greek Theatre (University of California Berkeley), Berkeley, CA

I have never been quite the same after this experience. I got paper that was folded in half and discovered that I had just put 4 (STRONG) down the hatch....

While it wasn't a BAD day necessarily, I got my eggs seriously scrambled. During Harder they Come>Deal, my whole field of vision looked like graph paper with fractals and other little creatures melting and than re-forming. At one point during Deal, I could have sworn that Jerry sounded like an adult talking from a Charlie Brown cartoon. Wah-wa-wa-wa-wha-wha-wha..

During Midnite Moonlite, I began to feel I was back on the planet. Thank God - I thought I blew my fuse.

great story!....a spine tingler
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#102544 2 years, 9 months ago
Equinox wrote:
My worst exprience along these lines was the Heaven Help The Fool tour in Philly in '78. Severely miscalculated and ended up having to reexperience my birth trauma in the lobby of the Tower Theater.

Whew! so sorry.....those 2 breakfast McBigGuys i just et not sitting too well in my stomach now, don't know whether to sh*t or wind my watch
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#102927 2 years, 9 months ago
Dosed at many Dead shows, and while this wasn't a bad trip it was oh so surreal. 6/15/85 Greek, and it's between sets. We're on the top of the lawn and I'm looking through the fence and see this guy trying to sneak in. He's crawling up an incline when all of a sudden appears this security guy, and he's got this, what looks like, a ten foot piece of small plastic pipe that's filled with something, and lays it over this guys back. Anyway, the guy managed to scale the fence and got in. Then the band came back and opened the second set with Morning Dew, which was pretty surreal also. That's about the time I started peaking.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds