• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
JAugustW
Junior Boarder

Over-Dosed: A Bad, Bad Day

#102478 2 years, 4 months ago
Soldier Field. Chicago. 1977. Pink Floyd's "In the Flesh" tour.

They tried to jam so many people in that I felt as if I was being fed into a people grinder. Then I thought I had become part of an enormous, amorphous human blob.

Tried real hard to ride that out, and then looked up into the sky and there was that gigantic, inflated pig. Which, of course, seemed way too real. And hungry.

Decided then that I needed to get the fuck out of there.

Later heard it was a great show.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Over-Dosed: A Bad, Bad Day

#102481 2 years, 4 months ago
damn that sucks - that's when they were playing the Animals album and then didn't they do wish you were here album to?

I wasn't there but I've heard recordings and Animals is my favorite Floyd album
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#102483 2 years, 4 months ago
Jerry Garcia Band
Saturday, Aug 26, 1989
Greek Theatre (University of California Berkeley), Berkeley, CA

I have never been quite the same after this experience. I got paper that was folded in half and discovered that I had just put 4 (STRONG) down the hatch....

While it wasn't a BAD day necessarily, I got my eggs seriously scrambled. During Harder they Come>Deal, my whole field of vision looked like graph paper with fractals and other little creatures melting and than re-forming. At one point during Deal, I could have sworn that Jerry sounded like an adult talking from a Charlie Brown cartoon. Wah-wa-wa-wa-wha-wha-wha..

During Midnite Moonlite, I began to feel I was back on the planet. Thank God - I thought I blew my fuse.
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#102493 2 years, 4 months ago
Grateful Dead

Cumberland County Civic Center, Portland, ME (3/28/86)

Was a very good spring tour. I remember feeling so freaking cold while outside the venue. Maine in March is windier than anything. I was beat to a pulp and found the nerdiest looking guy selling some paper. Some chemical grad student that looked so out of place I knew his stuff had to be killer. He called it orange sunshine. I was late dropping among my friends so I doubled dosed. All I remember is IKO IKO and then the second set they played 'Playin' 3 times. Which is the only song I remember. After the show I asked if they played anything else. Bad bad day. Did not dose until summer of 1987. Once I found out my friends split hits i realized i took too much too fast.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#102495 2 years, 4 months ago
RFK 95' took 7and half hits and wife took 4and half. Great first set but as set was winding down new I had taken to much. Set break my wife thought she kept seeing her 4 year old niece running thru the crowd. She try chasing her. I got freaked out and we tried to leave we were on floor and didn't realize we had to go up a floor. The boys started tuning for second set and it sounded like wild animals chasing us. We finally made our way out and heard drumming and it was calming us down. Made our way to the drum circle under bridge. Felt so much better. Then our friends come out and told us how killer the second set was. I was bummed and relieved at same time.
GOOD LOVE
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#102499 2 years, 4 months ago
JAugustW wrote:

Tried real hard to ride that out, and then looked up into the sky and there was that gigantic, inflated pig. Which, of course, seemed way too real. And hungry.

Decided then that I needed to get the fuck out of there.

Later heard it was a great show.

Great story.....sorry you missed the show!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#102510 2 years, 4 months ago
it's why i rarely dose anymore. i don't need a certain number to get to that level, just a taste.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#102511 2 years, 4 months ago
JGB Capitol Theater, Passaic, NJ 6/3/83

It was a Friday and I woke up with a fever so I stayed home from school that day. Some how I convinced my Mom to let me let me take a train into the city and then a bus out to Passaic to go see JGB with my friends. When we got to the show we found a guy with a whole sheet on pane but no scissors so he broke me off a corner. Rick Danko opened the show and then when JGB came on things started to get weird. My fever intensified so much I had to leave the show to try to cool off. After the show my friends went to Mc Donalds to eat and some how I saw them through the window from the parking lot. As they sat down to eat I came running in and dove onto their table clearing it of food, laid on my back and grabbed my friends soda and smashed it over my forehead saying "Jerry, Hot Hot" My friends managed to get me out of there but I was pulling their hair and acting like a wild man. As we sat to wait for the bus to go home I freaked again and ran away only to get mugged later. When I finally came down I fould a police car and had them take me in to call my mom. When the police asked me for ID all I had in my pockets was some weed and a bowl but they didn't bust me, guess they felt I had gone through enough already. My Mom didn't ground me either. Moral of the story: Don't ever dose with a fever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo, DangerousDan, SunshineSue
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#102519 2 years, 4 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
damn that sucks - that's when they were playing the Animals album and then didn't they do wish you were here album to?

I wasn't there but I've heard recordings and Animals is my favorite Floyd album

They did play WYWH. I couldn't get tix for the Philly date but my wife saw the Boston show. Said it was astounding.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#102521 2 years, 4 months ago
My worst exprience along these lines was the Heaven Help The Fool tour in Philly in '78. Severely miscalculated and ended up having to reexperience my birth trauma in the lobby of the Tower Theater.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , skidoo, DangerousDan
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds