• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

Re: Do you believe in parallel universes?

#115391 2 years, 8 months ago
Iraquistatefair, what is the date where you are. Just curious
The following user(s) said Thank You: fourwnds
Lynx3000
Junior Boarder

Re: Do you believe in parallel universes?

#115440 2 years, 8 months ago
I'm really not sure about the existence of parallel universes. It sort of seems like math-run-amok. The way that math tends to break down at very high speeds, in extremely high gravity, or in the world of the very small, and results in strange phenomena like parallel universes, things existing in two places at once, time travel, etc, etc, makes the "rational world of science" in which I have always put my faith seem as preposterous as the religions I have always rejected. I take comfort in this. For as much as I always believed that science, not religion, was on the right track, the findings of science always left me feeling empty somehow. The idea that science may be unaware of some of the most basic underpinnings of the universe and how it works leaves room for hope that there is more to existence than just living for a few decades and then our consciousness vanishing into oblivion for all eternity.

BTW, great thread Bakes.... I'm not sure how I missed it up until now. Did you make up with your brother yet? In THIS universe ? I hope so.....
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds