• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

Help/Slip/???/Franklin's

#102354 2 years, 8 months ago
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays family and friends!
Something I have been wondering about.... What is YOUR favorite 4th song that goes with our beloved trifecta at Furthur Shows when they add it on??
I actually have 2 that stand out.
Help<Slip<Playin'< Frankins (St. Auggie, July 30th)
Help<Slip< The Eleven<Franklins (Monterey, October 8th)
P.S.
What combo do you think we'll get for the New Years Run? Just the trifecta or will be treated to a 4th??
My simple guess is they will play just the 3, but we will see in 1 week!
Peace
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Help/Slip/???/Franklin's

#102372 2 years, 8 months ago
It's a triptych or triumvirate, and I love when they break it apart. I love when they split any of the traditionals apart and throw convention out the window. If Furthur was better at playing The Eleven, I would love its inclusion (just not a song JK plays very well; he's too complacent). I'd like to see them throw a King Solomons or The Other One. Maybe even a Truckin'. Something where Russo could aggressively drive them into the next strong rhythm section prelude.

That really doesn't answer your question, does it? Your two choices happen to be two of my favorite songs. Unfortunately, I don't think Furthur plays either of them particularly well. They've played Cassidy out of Slipknot, correct? They play an exceptionally nice Cassidy, so if I'm stuck in reality, I'd go with Cassidy.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#102374 2 years, 8 months ago
Thanks Zeno Marx! I haven't heard Cassidy out of Slip yet but sure am looking forward to it sometime! Im ALL about stepping out of the known too so I will take what they have to give with a smile.I know W lewis has a nice comment on this and will let him put it in his words when he's ready. Thanks again!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#102375 2 years, 8 months ago
Help>Slip>Franklins>Stranger would make a darn good opener!
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#102376 2 years, 8 months ago
or on the back end Help>Slip> Gloria E: Franklins
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#102378 2 years, 8 months ago
I like the Eleven gettin tossed in there like Monterey, When the biys are on it I think they do a great job with this song, especially Bobby's what nows
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#102383 2 years, 8 months ago
well, there's 2 that i really liked...

first was 2010-10-16 reading pa, help>slip>born cross eyed>franklins

aaaand later toward the end of the tour (2nd last night)

madison square garden

now thats one big help slip franklins

I: Help on the Way > Slipknot! > Shakedown Street, Jack Straw, El Paso, Wharf Rat, Two Djinn > Lady with a Fan > Terrapin > At a Siding > Terrapin Flyer
II: The Mountain Song > Dark Star > The Other One, St. Stephen > The Eleven > Death Don't Have No Mercy, Franklin's Tower
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor, rockinbob, teafortexas
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#102390 2 years, 8 months ago
I retract the Cassidy and go with TOO. And this is a damn nice 2nd set. Ashamed I forgot about it.

6/30/2010 LeLacheur Park, Lowell, MA
II: China Cat Sunflower > Colors of the Rain > Slipknot! > The Other One > The Eleven > Fire on the Mountain > The Wheel > So Many Roads > Playin in the Band > I Know You Rider
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
yatkoj
Junior Boarder

#102414 2 years, 8 months ago
i was at both them shows in reading and msg both were awesome and i love when they do a 4th song seen it done with the eleven also....i think furthur 17 times now and help/slip/franklin are the song i seen played the most times and deff complaing if i saw then play it every other time i saw em i wouldnt mind it at all....but i know its not like the best song they play by any means but i really want to see GLORIA again 1st 2 x i saw em they played it and i havnt seen em play it since i kno they have played it a few times since i just have not caught it...now 2 songs that i would say are my top fav. that i deff love to see again and sadly only saw them preform them once each, COMES A TIME, And I Bid You Goodnight...and to answer then ? i think to see that help/slip/gloria/frankin that someone said, that would be killer....
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#102416 2 years, 8 months ago
Help > Slip > Caution > Franklins. yep.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds