• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

I will take you home

#102240 2 years, 7 months ago
What a gem I just added to my life. I've never heard the song live and skipped it every time I'm listing. I know it was a song for brents daughter and I never had kids til now. Now that I have a 3 month old daughter I gave a listen today and just moved ne and my wife almost to tears. In 20 years it was my first listen all the wau through. It happen to be the 7/4/89 show. Now I hope I hear live nye si I can have a special moment with my daughter since this will be the first away from here. Thanks Brent
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: I will take you home

#102249 2 years, 7 months ago
On an album, I can deal with such a song. Live? No thank you. Though, I was at the Father's Day show (90-06-17) when one of Brent's daughters sat on the piano bench with him while he played it. I believe there is a photo of it in the booklet for Without a Net. That was a nice moment, but it wasn't the song that made it so.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#102286 2 years, 7 months ago
23atwell wrote:
What a gem I just added to my life. I've never heard the song live and skipped it every time I'm listing. I know it was a song for brents daughter and I never had kids til now. Now that I have a 3 month old daughter I gave a listen today and just moved ne and my wife almost to tears. In 20 years it was my first listen all the wau through. It happen to be the 7/4/89 show. Now I hope I hear live nye si I can have a special moment with my daughter since this will be the first away from here. Thanks Brent

The 7/4/89 show is the Truckin up to Buffalo DVD.
I remember watching this a few years ago and thinking how beautiful it was. I had heard the song before, but for some reason it really moved me that time (I think it was a relaxing friday night, and I had taken a little L).
Another favorite moment for me on that DVD is during NFA, when Jerry and Brent are exchanging notes, and the way they were looking at each other......It was like they were making love to each other through their music.

Maybe I'll watch that again tonight. it's been a while.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#102288 2 years, 7 months ago
That buffalo DVD is great. The morning dew is my go to if I want to hear a version I know is great.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#102295 2 years, 7 months ago
I have a friend of a friend who hung herself many years ago. Everytime I hear that song, I think of her. I wasn't particularly close to her, but it still strikes my heart that she had no one to "take her home" kinda thing.

My first shows were the Alpine run in 88- they busted out a scarlet b's into IWTYH and my buddy- then a much more knowledgeable deadhead, was pissed. I mean pissed! that they woudl dare do that to him.

I love the song- caught a few of them in my time and if I had a daughter, I'd be singing that to her in the womb.....
octangle
Junior Boarder

#102300 2 years, 7 months ago
Congratulations on your new family! What a beautiful song. Here is the Shoreline, 6-17-90 version on Youtube, complete with a photograph of Brent singing to his daughter:

He really should have stayed around for her. No speedballs for you now that you're a daddy! I loved Brent and miss him. I've always felt that it was his death that marked the end of the band, not Jerry's. They never really recovered after that. Yes, I know there was lots of beautiful music after that, but something was just kind of not right afterwards, something that never healed...

Ain't no way the boogeyman can get you...
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, 23atwell
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds