• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: Happy Birthday Barry Sless

#102242 2 years, 7 months ago
Happy birthday Barry! Love the music.

And Paige, great story. Is there any way we can see the film Tie-Dyed? All I could find was this clip, and it looked like a really good movie. www.flixster.com/movie/tiedyed-rock-n-ro...ans/#videos/10901733

And now that I know you and Jasper are in it, the appeal factor has gone up..... Did your magical wood burning bus make the cut in the film?

----

Filmed during the Grateful Dead's 1994 summer tour, this film chronicles the lives of the "Deadheads"-- free-spirited fans who follow the band around the country.

----

This part is sad... from IMDB.com
A fine, if not terribly refined, documentary which follows the life and times of the Dead Heads. The beauty lies in the fact that it is such a raw film and not a commercialized hype-fest. To depict DeadHeads as anything other than real would be an injustice.

This is a film for anyone who has followed the Dead, who likes the Dead's music, or who just does not understand the whole phenomenon. It is quite informative to the uninitiated and should be viewed with an open mind.

Initially, this film was licensed by the Grateful Dead but, inexplicably, said licensing was denied at the last minute. As such, do not expect to see any members of the Dead, nor hear any of their music on the soundtrack. However, a fine soundtrack is provided by the more-than-capable Solar Circus.

tiedyed.jpg
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#102269 2 years, 7 months ago
Sless is more! Happy birthday
The voices tell me what to say
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#102278 2 years, 7 months ago
BARYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! Happy B-day!
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#102305 2 years, 7 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Happy birthday Barry! Love the music.

And Paige, great story. Is there any way we can see the film Tie-Dyed? All I could find was this clip, and it looked like a really good movie. www.flixster.com/movie/tiedyed-rock-n-ro...ans/#videos/10901733

And now that I know you and Jasper are in it, the appeal factor has gone up..... Did your magical wood burning bus make the cut in the film?

----

Filmed during the Grateful Dead's 1994 summer tour, this film chronicles the lives of the "Deadheads"-- free-spirited fans who follow the band around the country.

----

This part is sad... from IMDB.com
A fine, if not terribly refined, documentary which follows the life and times of the Dead Heads. The beauty lies in the fact that it is such a raw film and not a commercialized hype-fest. To depict DeadHeads as anything other than real would be an injustice.

This is a film for anyone who has followed the Dead, who likes the Dead's music, or who just does not understand the whole phenomenon. It is quite informative to the uninitiated and should be viewed with an open mind.

Initially, this film was licensed by the Grateful Dead but, inexplicably, said licensing was denied at the last minute. As such, do not expect to see any members of the Dead, nor hear any of their music on the soundtrack. However, a fine soundtrack is provided by the more-than-capable Solar Circus.

tiedyed.jpg

I have this movie, and it's definitely a decent movie. They show one part that even has Fast Eddie in it, hollerin' about how he is a rainbow warrior!

Not sure if you know how to download torrents, but it's very easy to do, and the movie is on various torrent sites. You just need a free program, such as utorrent or Azureus (there are several others, as well), to download and install. Then you go to one of the various torrent websites, such as btjunkie.org, thepiratebay.org, or demonoid.me (to name a few) and search the title. When you find it, read the comments to be sure it's a good copy and that there is no malware/spyware included, then click the download link. You then can run or save the torrent file. If you run it, it'll ask what you want to open it with, which would be one of the bittorrent programs I mentioned, and choose where you want to save it. The program will begin downloading the torrent. When it's finished, just play it with one of your favorite media players. Also, if you plan on downloading movies that are copyrighted, I would suggest downloading and installing the free program called peerblock, to be sure you are protected against anti-p2p companies.

I would suggest utorrent for ease of use, and because it uses little resources to run. I would recommend peerblock, just find it, download it, install it, and run it while using utorrent. Find whatever movie, music, software, or other file you like, and download it. I would suggest using VLC player, at videolan.org to play your media files, because it comes with all the codecs needed to play any video or music files you can find, plus it's open source and free. If you have VLC, you just right click on the file, then click, play with VLC. That's it.

BTW, utorrent has a setup guide in the options menu to help guide you through setting it up, to get the most out of it, but technically you could use it as is, as soon as it's installed, without changing anything. If you get interested in d/ling many things, you may need to open a port (portforward) in your router to allow you to share it with others and possibly increase download speeds.

Happy Birthday Barry Sless! I definitely enjoyed the shows with PL&F! Here's to many more!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by GratefulDad420. Reason: fixing typos and other errors for clarity
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , scar1et_f1re
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#102438 2 years, 7 months ago
Thank you everyone for the Barry Birthday Wishes:)

Be sure to go see him play, if you ever get the chance;)

Not to be missed!!!
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#102443 2 years, 7 months ago
Paige MoonDancer wrote:
Life continues to amaze me Sue:)

Here's one of Jessica, myself, Barry and friends in Dec 2010...for the scrapbooks;)

pointarenacdnbandfamily2010.jpg

Are you the tall one? I swear I have seen you around, if so. The two girls on the left, definitely look familiar.
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#102445 2 years, 7 months ago
Mmmmm, yes
I am in the middle:)
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds