• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
JAugustW
Junior Boarder

Met My Wife on a Board

#102136 2 years, 8 months ago
Not this one, obviously. And it wasn't another Dead board, either. Actually, it was about horses.
Anyway, initially, she got intrigued by my writing.
Then one thing led to another -- private messages, dozens of emails, and about a thousand hours on the phone -- and she jumped on a plane and flew 3,000 miles to meet me. Without even knowing what I looked like. And I was in the same situation because neither of us had sent the other a picture.
Incredibly, things worked out and this is our 3rd Christmas together.
But do you know what sealed the deal for her, so to speak? As far as falling in love with me? I directed her to YouTube and a clip of Jerry and the JGB doing "Shining Star."
And now we're doing "... happily ever after."
Even though she's not a Deadhead.
But she's getting there.
Every time we're in a car together, I'll usually play something or another, and her reaction is always, "Wow! That's nice!"
So, obviously she knows great music when she hears it.
But, then, what would you expect from a Georgia girl who's long been into the Allman Brothers...

Signed: The Luckiest Fucking Boarder Ever
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Chester, Denver Man, scar1et_f1re, Island Head
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

Re: Met My Wife on a Board

#102142 2 years, 8 months ago
What a great story. I love "how we meet stories". I always believed Jerry was a lightning rod for cosmIc love. I'm happy to hear her health battles are over and wish you a long happily ever after.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JAugustW
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#102163 2 years, 8 months ago
Aw, love that story!! Guess the internets are good for something after all!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#102824 2 years, 8 months ago
shining star and they love each other has got to be plenty of deadhead couples "songs" i know they're ours (me and andrea). glad ya got someone to share your life with
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#102828 2 years, 8 months ago
check out the November '93 Shining Stars. That was a great month for JGB. The setlists get a little tired, but the playing is top shelf.

People on the internet are just as real, or as full of shit, as anywhere else. Connexion is connexion.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Time to create page: 0.64 seconds