• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

subway/train from jones beach to manhattan?

#10165 3 years ago
I'll be in NYC leading up to GOTV and I was betting (score!!! Jones Beach) they would play there. So, the question is: how does one get to/from Manhattan to catch this show? I'm assuming there's some rail method that can be had.... any insight or suggestions???
LightningBolt
Junior Boarder

Re: subway/train from jones beach to manhattan?

#10193 3 years ago
Regretfully the nearest Long Island Rail Road stop is about 10 miles away. You would have to catch a cap from there. The subway doesn't go any where near the place. Great venue though by the beach.

Totally alcohol free unless you are in the VIP tent....FYI.
BlueLightRain
Junior Boarder

#10202 3 years ago
There are shuttles from the LIRR to the venue. I've taken them many times. Not a problem at all.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#10205 3 years ago
well that makes perfect sense. I'm hoping that my sis will come to the show from CT and she'll get us back to manhattan....

I've never been but here of great stories of the place. can't wait. !!!!
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#10207 3 years ago
BlueLightRain wrote:
There are shuttles from the LIRR to the venue. I've taken them many times. Not a problem at all.

maybe that would work! It's been years since I've been on a train headed to a dead show.... those were always fun.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#10212 3 years ago
last time i did it they had buses that ran to the venue from the train how bout a rental car or zip car? or you dont drive at all?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#10217 3 years ago
lostsailor wrote:
BlueLightRain wrote:

maybe that would work! It's been years since I've been on a train headed to a dead show.... those were always fun.

I think there is a shuttle if not im sure someone could hook ya up with a ride from the train station.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#10227 3 years ago
check the LIRR website
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
reb
Visitor

#10233 3 years ago
I travel by public transport from Manhattan to shows. I am going to the vibes via metro north railroad from grand central station. It goes right to bridgeport.

To get to Jones Beach Theater take the LIRR to the Freeprt station. However, shuttle service will not be available from Freeport directly to the Jones Beach Theater due to budget cuts. It could be restored in 2011. LIRR cust svc said to check again after Memorial Day.

www.mta.info/news/stories/?story=75

...Theatre Concertgoers: Due to service reductions required to address the MTA's nearly $800-million budget shortfall for 2010, there will be no LI Bus service at Freeport Station to/from Jones Beach Theatre.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by .
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#11053 3 years ago
reb wrote:
I travel by public transport from Manhattan to show. I am going to the vibes via metro north railroad from grand central station. It goes right to bridgeport.

www.mta.info/news/stories/?story=75

...Theatre Concertgoers: Due to service reductions required to address the MTA's nearly $800-million budget shortfall for 2010, there will be no LI Bus service at Freeport Station to/from Jones Beach Theatre.

So I called cust svc and they said that they would not know until the summer if any bus service will be available in 2011.

Well that sucks.... I've never been to Jones beach for a show before... I was hoping I could just hop off the train, see a show and hop back on...

Here's to broke public transportation <grrrrrr> I bicycle/bus commute to work here in Los Angeles.... the cut backs are lame here, too.
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds