• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: Looking For "Looks Like Rain" Help...

#101704 2 years, 10 months ago
I remember one rocking version (or so it seemed at the time) at Giants stadium, during a tornado. They were breaking out the thunder soundtrack, and it was a stormy day.

But here's another place that may help. 32 "heady" versions with short descriptions links to the shows (if you click "listen on archives". headyversion.com/song/162/grateful-dead/looks-like-rain/
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#101705 2 years, 10 months ago
teafortexas wrote:
McNichols Sports Arena > Denver, CO > 12/12/1990

www.archive.org/details/gd90-12-12.sbd.zei.2030.sbeok.shnf

While I think this may not be the version you speak of, the same effect you describe is present during the LL Rain. While LLR is not my one of my favorite tunes, this version totally sparkles! This show was one of the top 3 I ever attended and if you give the whole thing a listen, I suspect it will rank up as certainly one of the best from 1990.

Please listen - you will not be disappointed!

Agreed.The only good shows in the '90's that I saw. Great trio of shows. The second show was my fave.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#101707 2 years, 10 months ago
so many great version of LLR in the 80s. i'm pretty sure that the heavy thunder effects were more prominent in the late 80s.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#101719 2 years, 10 months ago
Dicks picks vol 9 has my favorite. Its a msg sept 16 1990. There's thunder in there
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: JAugustW
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#101721 2 years, 10 months ago
stricken wrote:
Could it have been trucking up to buffalo july 4th 89? I was there and remember how it looked like rain at any moment untill it got dark out.

Well this is the one i meant instead of the msg. Great version, great sounds of thunder.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
JAugustW
Junior Boarder

#101742 2 years, 10 months ago
Thanks everyone!
I'm making this my project of the day. Going to listen to as many of the '80s LLR's in the archives as I can until I find the one I'm thinking of.
All I remember is I used to have it on a CD, and then somehow managed to lose it. Damn!
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by JAugustW. Reason: typo
stricken
Gold Boarder

#101745 2 years, 10 months ago
23atwell wrote:
stricken wrote:
Could it have been trucking up to buffalo july 4th 89? I was there and remember how it looked like rain at any moment untill it got dark out.

Well this is the one i meant instead of the msg. Great version, great sounds of thunder.
ay

I was a little spun on that day and couldnt tell if the thunder was real or not.
starlite16
Junior Boarder

#101758 2 years, 10 months ago
my fav with thunder and lightening sounds is from eugene in 1990. june 23rd or 24th.
love it. really great. 2 really great daze that will always be with me.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds