• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Will pay money for your old boots.

#104193 2 years, 8 months ago
starlite16 wrote:
on VHS!!!!
It's too bad this wasn't more common. Huge quality upgrade because of the width of the tape and better motor speed consistency. Inconvenient in ways, but speed flux from all the garbage cassette decks used in trading turned me off to bothering with tape trading. My loss...at least at the time. When torrenting and The Archive came into play, it was like I was a kid in a candy shop with a steel stomach and a bottomless wallet. Most of the issues that irritated me were no longer issues at all. Nice to see sharing so kind vs all the social games and strategy of the tape trader culture.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#104198 2 years, 8 months ago
Bakes wrote:
I just tossed about 100 or so TDKs and Maxells when I moved in October. I never thought Anyone would want them.
Lots of people would love to even have them as blanks. It's getting more and more difficult (and expensive) to get good quality Type II blanks.

The environmentally nasty process necessary to make cassettes is good reason enough to try to keep using them or finding a new way to recycle them. Chemicals aside, birds and other animals get tangled up in them in landfills. As cool as those little mechanical jobbies are, they're a post-consumer nightmare.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#104227 2 years, 8 months ago
starlite16 wrote:
I have boot albums, 100's of cassettes and BETTY BOARDS AUDIO on VSH!!!!

Thank You sooo much all of's you's! Stacy and I are really Grateful for the kind responses! We won't be down to SF till Friday at about 6. Starlite, will you be rollin' in? Thanks!
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds