• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Will pay money for your old boots.

#101959 2 years, 9 months ago
i have some maxells and tdks havent played them in years my deck keeps eating them .
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#101972 2 years, 9 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
i agree you probably will end up getting alot free of charge.
and i dig that you dont wnat to download something and then record it on a new cassette you want something with history to it.
its why i collect vinyl, and i dont buy like new pressings of any album i want, i hunt the used record shops, for vintage gems, with torn corners for 2 bucks, i also still use a vcr, i have a soft spot for vintage media of all times, reminds me of my youth.
if i find a few old tapes ill pm you and send them to you, and these will be tapes that have been around since about 94, and have went of ratdog/phish/widespread tour with me until technology progressed. great idead, and dont worry about payin for it. just like, save up all the money you would have paid for the tapes, buy and xtra ticket to a show your goin to, and miracle someone.

COOL! These offers are just the kind of kindness I remember from the early days of the scene:)! It's
really cool to know that the spirit that flowered early on is still here! Whoever sends us some tapes will get something
back, not to worry....just except it, whatever it may be...(nothing illegall if we're going thru the mail). The wheel indeed
keeps turning with this type of brotherhood/sisterhood. I don't feel like such a stranger now in that I'm not the only one
out here that feels this way about vintage recordings and the love that goes with playing history. Healy started the tapers
section right? Remember that when all of the state of the art mics started going up and a person could get "tapers"
tickets? Sometimes Stacy and find ourselves just ACHING for the old days of camping, ticket lines and the genuine
kindness that surrounded us all. Won't be at the Beacon shows. WILL be in SF for NY's! I'll pm yous guys and give our
address. THANKS!
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Bilbo.
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#101976 2 years, 9 months ago
Danny Barnes would be very proud of you! [/quote]

Who was/is Danny Barnes brother? Curious. Thanks
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#102064 2 years, 9 months ago
I would give you a bunch if it wasn't for my trusty old '84 volvo, we're driving around listening to all kinds of old shows on bootleg. It beats technology any day! If we ever get a newer ride I will keep you in mind though!
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#102311 2 years, 9 months ago
I have about 20 or thirty boots of dead and other stuff of various quality. SBD for the 93 Chapell Hill show in particular, I think. Well played but all Maxell-II, which I assume were better than TDKs.... I'll throw in the cassete cases they are in. I'll bring them to NYE. I'm probably a mile from Graham Aud..... You can have them... for a smile.
coyotte
Junior Boarder

#102360 2 years, 8 months ago
110K and ill sell you all my masters from 79-89..all casette tapes..........
PsychicPyramid
Junior Boarder
HEAVY VIBES

#102364 2 years, 8 months ago
Bilbo, I'm a big tape fiend, if you end up getting doubles of shows, let me know! Ill pay shipping.

Also, I have a tape duplicator (one master tape makes three copies in about 2 minutes) if anyone wants to mail me a tape and then get it mailed back!
Union Pacific, out of Cheyenne, from sea to shining sea
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#102386 2 years, 8 months ago
I'm starting to feel bad about tossing all those tapes. I might have another box. If it pops up, I'll post again.
shakedownst
Junior Boarder

#102387 2 years, 8 months ago
Bilbo, for postage, I will send you some fabulous tapes. I too am a Maxell XLII girl, and spent a good deal of effort on the labels...PM an address and we will work something out...
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#102389 2 years, 8 months ago
are you the one at rodeway inn?? can't remember right now. we talked about guitars?

if you remind me before i leave on tuesday i have a trunk full of about 500 i got from someone on here when it first opened up.. i can search thru and if i've got some room pack them in my carry on extra space permitting.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds