• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

Will pay money for your old bootlegs!

#101627 2 years, 4 months ago
NorthforestremodelStacysfamandVan051.JPG

Hey now. Hopin' this finds you all having a High Holiday time! We bought this sweet 2005 Sprinter van with all the cool

stuff...bed, heater, fridge...BUT guess what? It came with a STOCK cassette player! Go figure huh? A 2005 with a stock

cassette player! Leaves us no choice but to put out the call for good quality boots from the 60's, 70's and 80's! Like I

say...cash. I'd just much rather drive around listening to the Dead more than anything else! Would gladly pay like 4 a piece for

TDK's. This is for real. Peace

Easy wind, blowin' cross the bayou today...
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Bilbo.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Re: Will pay money for your old boots.

#101633 2 years, 4 months ago
There's this adapter for that looks like a cassette with a cord. You pop the cassette thing in and plug the cord in your iPod or other device. I don't know how the f' it works. But its always in the van after my son drives it.

On the other hand, I bet you'll get a boatload of boots.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Bilbo
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#101635 2 years, 4 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
There's this adapter for that looks like a cassette with a cord. You pop the cassette thing in and plug the cord in your iPod or other device. I don't know how the f' it works. But its always in the van after my son drives it.

Terrapin, Heyman, Thanks. Kinda wouldn't mind just rollin' 'round listening to cassettes for awhile, just to take some trips down nostolgia road. Hope it pans out....
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#101636 2 years, 4 months ago
Maybe someone will be kind enough to download shows off archive.org and record them to tape for you!
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

Re: Will buy your old boots.

#101706 2 years, 4 months ago
Little Bear wrote:
Maybe someone will be kind enough to download shows off archive.org and record them to tape for you!

Good one Little Bear. The tapes I'm scoutin' out have been well cared for and well played (and well Loved I should add)

over the years. They have a hint

of skunkyness and patchouli on their cases. The writing is somewhat scrawled from altered states... TDK's would be great.

Kind brothers and sisters, If your beloved old boots are just collecting dust, pm me and Stacy and I will gladly phil the air

with their magic once again as we go down the road feelin' glad! New Mexico bound after NY's! Thanks

Peals of fragile thunder, keeping time.....
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Bilbo.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#101718 2 years, 4 months ago
Bilbo wrote:
Terrapin Sedation wrote:

Terrapin, Heyman, Thanks. Kinda wouldn't mind just rollin' 'round listening to cassettes for awhile, just to take some trips down nostolgia road. Hope it pans out....

Danny Barnes would be very proud of you!
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#101933 2 years, 4 months ago
I have hundreds of GD cassettes that are exactly as you have described. I bet some have party favors in the cases but have gone completely digital. There is no way I could ever throw them out. You can have them. I live in Albany NY. Would be nice to have someone love them as I did. Maybe if you east for beacon shows or Wallingford I could give them to you. PM me if you want them.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#101946 2 years, 4 months ago
you won't ( and shouldn''t ) have to pay for them , they'll flow to you now that you put out the vibe
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by the highway terror.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#101955 2 years, 4 months ago
i agree you probably will end up getting alot free of charge.
and i dig that you dont wnat to download something and then record it on a new cassette you want something with history to it.
its why i collect vinyl, and i dont buy like new pressings of any album i want, i hunt the used record shops, for vintage gems, with torn corners for 2 bucks, i also still use a vcr, i have a soft spot for vintage media of all times, reminds me of my youth.
if i find a few old tapes ill pm you and send them to you, and these will be tapes that have been around since about 94, and have went of ratdog/phish/widespread tour with me until technology progressed. great idead, and dont worry about payin for it. just like, save up all the money you would have paid for the tapes, buy and xtra ticket to a show your goin to, and miracle someone.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#101958 2 years, 4 months ago
I just tossed about 100 or so TDKs and Maxells when I moved in October. I never thought Anyone would want them.
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds