• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Chia Obama

#101625 2 years, 10 months ago
So I turn the channel to Jimmy Fallon and I hear.

"Introducing (chi-chi-chi-chia) Chia Obama. This Chia Obama is a special edition and a collectors item. Just spread the seeds, water, and watch it grow. Your Chia Obama is a symbol of liberty, opportunity, prosperity and hope. Chia Obama makes the statement: I'm proud to be an American. Display it on your desk, in your home, at your school. Own a piece of Americana. Show pride and support with Chia Obama (chi-chi-chi-chia). Chia Obama makes a great gift.

Funny bit right? I thought so.

But it was an actual commercial. 19.95 + $7.95 shipping and handling.

You can also get a Chia George Washington, Chia Abe Lincoln, and Chia Statue of Liberty.

Bet that Chia Obama sells well down south and among the tea party crowd.

www.americanchia.com/?rtag=chiaobama&
shellshocked
Junior Boarder

Re: Chia Obama

#101626 2 years, 10 months ago
JAugustW
Junior Boarder

#101643 2 years, 10 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
So I turn the channel to Jimmy Fallon and I hear.

"Introducing (chi-chi-chi-chia) Chia Obama. This Chia Obama is a special edition and a collectors item. Just spread the seeds, water, and watch it grow. Your Chia Obama is a symbol of liberty, opportunity, prosperity and hope. Chia Obama makes the statement: I'm proud to be an American. Display it on your desk, in your home, at your school. Own a piece of Americana. Show pride and support with Chia Obama (chi-chi-chi-chia). Chia Obama makes a great gift.

Funny bit right? I thought so.

But it was an actual commercial. 19.95 + $7.95 shipping and handling.

You can also get a Chia George Washington, Chia Abe Lincoln, and Chia Statue of Liberty.

Bet that Chia Obama sells well down south and among the tea party crowd.

Not trying to start something, TS; just wanted to say a few things about "down south."
Lots of mighty fine folks in these parts. And, as a rule, manners and common courtesy mean something down here.
And, I'll tell you... if a local, black man has his truck break down on a back country road, just as often as not, it'll be a white, good ol' boy who'll stop to help him.
Are there hard-core racists down here? Well, you betcha. Just like anywhere else. But the 1850s are pretty much history now.

www.americanchia.com/?rtag=chiaobama&
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder

#101661 2 years, 10 months ago
I get your point. They are all over. Unfair of me to stereotype. Just making an obvious implication at who this product is targeted to, despite the over the top patriotism.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JAugustW
JAugustW
Junior Boarder

#101665 2 years, 10 months ago
I didn't think you were being mean-spirited or judgmental, TS. Hope I didn't give that impression.
But even though I wasn't born in the south (although my wife was), I've really been amazed at what it's like down here. People -- all kinds -- are really, really cool. Seems as if they know how to get along. Which is, sadly, more than I can say about some places I've lived.
But anyway, thanks for the post! Somehow, for me anyway, Chia Pets seem to manage to provide a good laugh every year for as long as I can recall.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder

#101681 2 years, 10 months ago
Maybe there's still time to get this by Christmas.

www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/jerry-gar...ad-chia-pet-grateful
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#101682 2 years, 10 months ago
Chia!!!! Absolutely HILARIOUS!!!! The fact that this company is so serious makes me laugh and thats a GREAT THING LOL!!!

Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#101741 2 years, 10 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
Maybe there's still time to get this by Christmas.

www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/jerry-gar...ad-chia-pet-grateful

Thanks for the good laugh.

"> Cha-Cha-Cha Chia plant growing creamic of Jerry's head: "The Original Pot Head".
> No cracks or breaks on Jerry's head....it's hollow. And holds water. "
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds