• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

The Holiday Death Watch

#101578 2 years, 10 months ago
They come in threes, and some would argue that with Christopher Hitchens, Vaclav Havel and Kim Jong-il going in the past week we've already reached our quota. But I'm not so sure.

Anyone care to make some nominees?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: The Holiday Death Watch

#101582 2 years, 10 months ago
War, poverty and disease?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terrapin Sedation, amusingdeva, rockinbob, doodahman66, JAugustW
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder

#101587 2 years, 10 months ago
I'm sorry folks....I have a dark side
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder

#101593 2 years, 10 months ago
Alright bitches, I'm stepping up.

For the 13th year in a row I'm predicting Dick Clarke will drop dead on NYE.... Sweetly poetic, like Jefferson and Adams going on July 4.

Lindsay Lohan is too easy....but we need a drug crazed celebrity....so I'm gonna go with....Courtney Love

Turning to the world of politics, I'm gonna say..... Dick Cheney (that is not wishful thinking, just playing the odds)

If you need help in forming your list go here

deathlist.net/
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#101595 2 years, 10 months ago
Well, if you're going to bring up Dick Cheney...
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#101597 2 years, 10 months ago
It's too bad about Hitchens. I didn't agree with a lot of his more recent conclusions, but I always respected his process and words. Very interesting character, too. He was asked by Charlie Rose if he regretted the drinking, smoking, women, and burning the candle at both ends, and his reply was something like, "I'm a writer. Anything that contributes to that isn't something I'd change. Staying up all night, arguing, discussing, and experiencing the passions was all part of that." Likable fella, and not because of his great intellect as an impressionable thing, but because he had an endearing personality despite his big mind.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: JAugustW
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder

#101609 2 years, 10 months ago
I agree about Hitchens. He's in the Hunter Thompson, William F. Buckley class as far as out there dudes who huge egos who commit to their opinons.

Absolutely a genius, even if he was a stuck up cunt....and I mean that in a good way, seriously.

As far as the boozing ect. Any addict will find an excuse.....but at least he wasn't apologetic. It was a choice that probably helped kill him. But I believe, if he had a chance, he wouldn't live it any other way.

Ironic he died on the day the Iraq war "officially ended"....he was a vocal supporter of the war, although in later years retracted a bit based on the distortion of the so-called facts.

I haven't checked it all out, but NYTimes had a good obit. I bet The Guardian and some of the English papers did too.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#101653 2 years, 10 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
I agree about Hitchens. He's in the Hunter Thompson, William F. Buckley class as far as out there dudes who huge egos who commit to their opinons.

Absolutely a genius, even if he was a stuck up cunt....and I mean that in a good way, seriously.

As far as the boozing ect. Any addict will find an excuse.....but at least he wasn't apologetic. It was a choice that probably helped kill him. But I believe, if he had a chance, he wouldn't live it any other way.

Ironic he died on the day the Iraq war "officially ended"....he was a vocal supporter of the war, although in later years retracted a bit based on the distortion of the so-called facts.

I haven't checked it all out, but NYTimes had a good obit. I bet The Guardian and some of the English papers did too.

You really needed to put this phrase in there to get your point across right?
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by newyawker.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder

#101660 2 years, 10 months ago
Point taken. Very offensive phrase and not one that I typically use....apologies to all.
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#101687 2 years, 10 months ago
Lindsay Lohan is too easy....but we need a drug crazed celebrity....so I'm gonna go with....Courtney Love

Courtney is already dead. They used her as a body double in those fake Bin laden videos.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds