• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

An honest question for Phil/Jill from the Midwest

#10115 3 years, 6 months ago
Why does Furthur dislike playing the Midwest so much? Every show I have seen in the Midwest through my years have been packed if not sold out so it cannot be for lack of ticket sales. Ratdog did well every time they played Oklahoma. The St. Louis and KC Phil shows were packed and were a blast. Furthur Chicago shows as well as Phil and Friends were the same. You know you are loved in Chicago. There are plenty of unexplored places in The Midwest for you guys to come to but it seems you have something against the Midwesterners. We love you more than words can tell but yet we don't feel much love back. It's all East Coast all the time with a Red Rocks Run here and there and of course a few West Coast shows throughout the year. I am not trying to be an ass here but it's frustrating. It seems as if you have this strange love affair with New York...I guess I am jealous of her lol. You spend too much time with that bitch! You need to spread your love around and give us Midwesterners some love too. All of that being said, is there a reason you guys don't play in the Midwest very much? If so I would honestly like to know that reason...maybe we can all do something to help change your mind. Keep Tulsa in mind for the fall. There's a great new place there called the BOK Center. Check it out. Have fun this Summer. I guess I will be doing a lot of fishing and enjoying the show from the COUCH....again.

Love Ya!

Okie
"In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheWuby, DrippingColors
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

Re: An honest question for Phil/Jill from the Midwest

#10122 3 years, 6 months ago
Also, in case you didn't know, a while back they were going to tear Deer Creek down and build condos on the land. The whole community banded together along with fans of the music scene there and stopped this from happening. They SAVED Deer Creek. I am sure they would love to have the band back too. After all, I don't think people will need to bust the fences down to get in any more.
"In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors
gratefulpanda
Junior Boarder

#10125 3 years, 6 months ago
Though I love the east coast, and have considered it my second home for much of my life, I completely agree. Tons of great venues in the midwest. Being from Chicago, I can't believe there isn't one stop around here even. I was really hoping for a Deer Creek or Alpine. Disappointing so far. I really was hoping they would reach out to more "heads." Wow, I feel for so many people here and west. We seriously all have to travel east to see a show? Not kind to my wallet, that's for sure. It'd be nice to see em in my backyard some day. Oh well....
johnnyhub
Junior Boarder

#10128 3 years, 6 months ago
This is the WORST tour announcement EVER... Same states, same cities as the last 3 tours....

Ridiculously LAME!!!!!!

New Yorks cities new house band - Furthur
PeggyO
Fresh Boarder

#10132 3 years, 6 months ago
johnnyhub wrote:
This is the WORST tour announcement EVER... Same states, same cities as the last 3 tours....

Ridiculously LAME!!!!!!

New Yorks cities new house band - Furthur

I have to agree with this, it's becoming insulting and rather off-putting to those who don't dwell on the East Coast.
~ Once in awhile you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right ~
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by PeggyO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Okie, DrippingColors
Promontory Rider
Fresh Boarder

#10140 3 years, 6 months ago
I feel your pain. As a resident of Minneapolis, over the last 25 years I have been to just about every Midwestern show of anything Dead related and all of these shows have always been very well attended if not completely sold out so it is very disappointed to see an all east coast tour again. I guess we just need to be grateful for the few shows we do get in the Fall. oh well.....
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#10189 3 years, 6 months ago
I understand everyones frustration, We(midwest specifcly Illinois) got screwed this year and in previous years. No furthur, phish, WSP etc we got nothing. So many great midwest venues and still nothing spread the love. we are all just a little salty but still love us some Furthur keep rocking and hopefully second leg tear up the Midwest thanks DAN
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
derek92
Junior Boarder

#10214 3 years, 6 months ago
Midwest!!!!!! We need Love!!!!!!!!!! maybe do Saturday in the Park next year free show in Iowa sounds good! Ratdogs done it Phil Lesh and Friends has done it.
Hockeygame3
Fresh Boarder

#10223 3 years, 6 months ago
Well as long as we are at it -What about Arizona It has been so long since phil has been here - I think 2003 was the last time

8 years is a long time- the heads down here are dying for a show. It's very rustrating when they play the same places over and over again. I'm from NYC and undersand to a point.

Did we not have a great time with the grateful dead here back in the day- compton terrace, desert sky etc...

Why is there no love for az anymore?

Rant over
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#10225 3 years, 6 months ago
im wondering if the venues in the midwest dont want the band to play ,is that possible? just wondering dont crucify me
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds