• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
JAugustW
Junior Boarder

Is Bobby Number One?

#100630 2 years, 10 months ago
I wonder?
Can anyone think of a musician who has played before more people than Bobby has? I can't. And Phil could be second. I mean, after all, these guys are closing in on fifty years of doing this.
stricken
Gold Boarder

Re: Is Bobby Number One?

#100632 2 years, 10 months ago
Good question ive often wondered this myself. One would also have to factor in stadium shows just by the amount of people.
JAugustW
Junior Boarder

#100634 2 years, 10 months ago
To add to my own question, I guess obvious answers would be Paul McCartney, Mick and Keith. But, they haven't played near as many gigs as Bobby. Nor were they out there every year. Bono, maybe? But he hasn't had as many gigs, either.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#100640 2 years, 10 months ago
Would you believe Cheap Trick has played over 5000 shows. The dead have played 2318 not counting off shoot projects etc. This is acording to answers.com
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#100673 2 years, 10 months ago
How about Bob Dylan?
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#100676 2 years, 10 months ago
asumming that wasn't the Bobby you were talking about
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#100680 2 years, 10 months ago
Ted Nugent claims that he played his 6,000th concert on July 4, 2008.
JAugustW
Junior Boarder

#100686 2 years, 10 months ago
stricken wrote:
Would you believe Cheap Trick has played over 5000 shows. The dead have played 2318 not counting off shoot projects etc. This is acording to answers.com

Hmmm... I had no idea Cheap Trick had done so many. But I'm thinking the number of people at Woodstock when Bobby was there with The Dead must equal quite a few Cheap Trick gigs. And I don't know if Cheap Trick did many stadium or festival gigs, either. Mostly because I was never into them.

Anyway, I know one can find out which bands grossed how much money... I wish there was a way to find out the answer to this, though, because I find it sort of interesting.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#100688 2 years, 10 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
Ted Nugent claims that he played his 6,000th concert on July 4, 2008.

THAT ONES HARD TO BELIEVE

Not doubting you just think his head seems to be texas size so maybe his claim is also.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by stricken.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#100692 2 years, 10 months ago
Bob - will always be # 1 in my book

lol

We should fact check it, I have had a simalar convo recently involving that Bobby is better then anyone else because he spent more time on stage and with this instrament..... then most that drop an album tour for 2-3 month then sit on a beach/Boat and don't touch theres for weeks on end.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds